Honored Contributor

Re: Back to School Fashions for Toni

@Enufstuff 

Absolutely beautiful from the dresses to the detail work.  Makes me want to sew again.

I made my clothes and my kids clothes and nieces when they were younger.  

I even made my bridesmaids dresses and once made a suit.  In my first house I made all the window drapes and more but the best project was with my niece -- we made a quilt from her fav clothes it turned out beautiful and lots of fun days sewing.

I love to sew as much as cooking/baking you may have inspired me to buy a machine and start again!

Can't wait to see Toni's fall wardrobe 🙂🙂 Thank you for sharing your beautiful work👗

Respected Contributor

Re: Back to School Fashions for Toni

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1  Thank you very much. You have done an impressive amount of sewing, so you know how enjoyable it is.

I love the idea of your making a quilt from your niece's favorite clothes.

When my children were young, I made three quilts for them and later, one for myself.

Years ago, I made clothes for myself and my girls and dance costumes and doll clothes for their Barbies.

The Toni Doll clothes, I started making, when I realized that there were a lot of Toni Doll collectors, out there. I sold quite a few dresses online.

I have not done any sewing in a while. The dresses, I post are from several years ago, pictures stored in my files.

I have a huge stash of fabrics, lace and trims and would like to sew again. With a lot of health issues in recent years and arthritis in my fingers, I got away from sewing, knitting and needlework. Maybe I can get motivated to start sewing again.