Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone ever get a new car for Christmas as a gift?

@Marp wrote:

YES!  Unfortunately it was for my Hot Wheels collection. Smiley Sad

@Marp

yellow-lol-smiley-emoticon.gif

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nataliesgramma

I was wondering the same thing........

The one I find curious and a tad unreal is the young couple living in a huge goregeous home with 2 kids, and guy gets a new Lexus with a $692 monthly payment.....I always wondered what stocks do they invest in or what do they do for a living to have that much money at such a young age.........I may need to make a career change---Woman LOL

Image result for cat driving car

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

No, but it would take my husband winning the lottery for me to get the SUV I would want.   

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma

Not for Christmas, but I’ve received a new car as a gift. It was pretty wonderful! And very much needed. A real blessing.

Honored Contributor

I would prefer mine for Valentines Day, or maybe Mothers Day.   I don't want to drive one in bad weather.  I'll make my own dents ... in warmer weather. Smiley Wink

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

I have to buy my own............but at least, I can get the one I want (!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Yes. About 5 or so years ago my husband bought me a car for Christmas. He had the bow made at our florist and it was on top of the car after I opened up a small box that held the keys and he told me to look in the driveway.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

Me personally no but we got our son a Dodge Ram 1500 last year for Christmas. We delivered it on December 8th so he could drive it home. He and DH cried. 

Contributor

Yes, in the year 2000. Not a fancy car, but a red Saturn. I went outside and there was a huge bow sitting on the hood. I had never had a new car before and it was exciting. In 2010 I gave the car to my mom.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nope, I never got anything really nice from spouse, even though I always gave him a list of things that I wanted to make it easier for him. I got cookware, a vacuum cleaner, things like that. Of course, those practical items were never on my list.