Contributor

Any suggestions for a good canned food for CAT with UTI/elevated ph?

My little rescue Robbie was diagnosed yesterday with a very slight u*r*inary infection. I noticed him going in/out the boxes, and not much was coming out so I brought him in, fearful that he may be getting blocked. Nope, Dr could easily express his bladder, (as I also found out on the ride back home - when Robbie completely emptied his bladder in the carrier and all over my jeans). They ran some tests and found he has a slight infection and mentioned his PH count was a little high. (They gave me anti-biodics). Of course, they're suggesting prescription vet food - Purina. First Robbie is a horribly picky eater - for being a street cat, you'd think he'd eat anything you put down - nope. I was giving him Blue Buffalo Finicky Dry in the A.M., and Innova canned at night. Of all the high quality foods I've tried on all three - Innova is the ONLY one Robbie would touch. I checked the magnesium count and I didn't think it was too bad - lower then most canned. It's good quality meat, no by-products, and looked like the only grain is brown rice.

I've also found on-line a supplement called U*romax for u*r*inary tract heath. All natural, for cats/dogs contains Cranberry extract, glucosamine, dandelion, Vit c and a bunch of other things that are supposed to be really good. Many reviews say it's recommended by their vet. (I haven't mentioned it to mine yet).

Looking for any options for good canned - I've tried Wellness and Blue Buffalo canned, various styles and varietes. My other two like - Robbie walks away.