Respected Contributor

Re: Another really stupid review

hey we are still waiting for the item # or link if it is not a qvc product but I'm pretty sure you have me on ignore so you won't see this

Valued Contributor

I think I may have found the review.

I remembered from reading past postings that HH preferred Travelon and Vera Bradley handbags over leather handbags. So I did a search on both brands of purses, specifying a 13½" width and found this Vera Bradley handbag (item #A260649). It took me about 20 minutes to find it:

Vera Bradley Microfiber Medium Bowler Bag with Coin Purse

Here is the review:

Nice Handbag -- Posted by LosAngelesgal -- 10-29-14

"This is a nice handbag. I bought it in black. I think the quality of the fabric is very good, but the only thing I didn't like was that the inside of the pockets are lined with a plastic type fabric and there is an odor. I don't know if the odor is from the plastic or the microfiber fabric. It kind of smells like rubber. I think the front pocket could have been a little bigger. I can barely fit my hand inside it to retrieve my phone. I'm unsure if I could recommend it to a friend because of the smell. I'm hoping the smell will fade as I use it. I still think it's a nice handbag and plan to keep it. "

The problem with HH's rendition of this review [if, in fact, it is the correct one -- and believe me, I read at least 60-70 reviews] is that the reviewer is speaking of the flat pocket on the front of the purse, not the 13½" zippered portion on the main body of the purse. So this entire brouhaha has been "much ado about nothing."

I suppose I will be on HH's "ignore list" now.

At least I'll be in good company. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}
Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. -- Oscar Wilde
Esteemed Contributor

I've read some silly reviews on here too.

I think it's funny when an item has half great reviews and the other half of the reviews state how people totally hate the same product...lol..

Do I go by the reviews when shopping? If they are mostly bad, yes then I don't buy an item. If they have a few bad reviews, I still buy something.

I admit the reviews can be of help at times, mostly with the fit of clothing.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

One of the bags I was talking about that I have and it is hard to get my hand in because it is narrow from front to back (1"") even though it is 14"" wide is F11593 (travelon bag) so that review might just not be so stupid after all.

Honored Contributor

On 1/13/2015 SuiGeneris said:

I remembered from reading past postings that HH preferred Travelon and Vera Bradley handbags over leather handbags. So I did a search on both brands of purses, specifying a 13½" width and found this Vera Bradley handbag (item #A260649). It took me about 20 minutes to find it:

Here is the review:

"This is a nice handbag. I bought it in black. I think the quality of the fabric is very good, but the only thing I didn't like was that the inside of the pockets are lined with a plastic type fabric and there is an odor. I don't know if the odor is from the plastic or the microfiber fabric. It kind of smells like rubber. I think the front pocket could have been a little bigger. I can barely fit my hand inside it to retrieve my phone. I'm unsure if I could recommend it to a friend because of the smell. I'm hoping the smell will fade as I use it. I still think it's a nice handbag and plan to keep it. "

The problem with HH's rendition of this review [if, in fact, it is the correct one -- and believe me, I read at least 60-70 reviews] is that the reviewer is speaking of the flat pocket on the front of the purse, not the 13½" zippered portion on the main body of the purse. So this entire brouhaha has been "much ado about nothing."

At least I'll be in good company. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I have this exact bag in this exact color and I like it a lot. Who knew? LOL!!

Honored Contributor

Shoutout to maryebrown- just want to wish you LOTS of luck with your search! This is a yucky time of year in the NE and even worse when you're trying to find employment. Hope you'll at least have some sunshine today, even with the cold. Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

On 1/13/2015 Sooner said:
On 1/13/2015 SuiGeneris said:

Here is the review:

<em>"This is a nice handbag. I bought it in black. I think the quality of the fabric is very good, but the only thing I didn't like was that the inside of the pockets are lined with a plastic type fabric and there is an odor. I don't know if the odor is from the plastic or the microfiber fabric. It kind of smells like rubber. I think the front pocket could have been a little bigger. I can barely fit my hand inside it to retrieve my phone. I'm unsure if I could recommend it to a friend because of the smell. I'm hoping the smell will fade as I use it. I still think it's a nice handbag and plan to keep it. "</em>
<em><br /></em>
<em><br /></em>
<br />
At least I'll be in good company. <em>{#emotions_dlg.laugh}<br /></em>

I have this exact bag in this exact color and I like it a lot. Who knew? LOL!!

I thought it was a front pocket. HA!

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

We don't even know if that's the right review.

I can't believe somebody ""researched"" that.

Respected Contributor

I doubt it's the right review, since that bag has more than one negative review and more than several positive ones (and the quoted review isn't even negative at 3 stars). I would guess the review is probably not even on the Q.
Respected Contributor

It was a recent TSV wasn't it? I remember a thread mentioning it. I think it was Noel who recommended this because it was very light weight. I thought about ordering it but got distracted and by the time I thought about it again my color sold out.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____