Esteemed Contributor

Another Scam Call Re My Computer

[ Edited ]

Pardon me if this one has been discussed before, if so I missed it. Short time ago received a different kind of scam call in re to "the computer security I paid for a few months ago". They're going to send me a refund because the company has been ordered to close up. Left a number to call to get my refund, 877-860-2638. Bunch of baloney.

Actually just listened to the message again, it said "computer technical support" not computer security.

Respected Contributor

Re: Another Scam Call Re My Computer

They have such great imaginations to come up with this stuff.  Luckily I know that McAfee isn't "closing up" any time soon!

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

They have such great imaginations to come up with this stuff.  Luckily I know that McAfee isn't "closing up" any time soon!

I'm guessing they want a credit card number to process your refund to it. And for those who fall for it..... you're porked!!

Esteemed Contributor

There is a scam a minute.  I never answer phone numbers I don't recognize.  If it it sooo important they can leave a message.

Respected Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

There is a scam a minute.  I never answer phone numbers I don't recognize.  If it it sooo important they can leave a message.

Or send something through the (GASP!) snail mail.

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

They can not do that to me anymore because I recently retired my windows computer with a chrome book, I laughed out loud as I was hanging up loudly.....Woman LOL