Honored Contributor

Another LOL at Mail Delivery Problems

My SIL mailed our present from another part of our state on December 15 - two-day priority. It came today. There was a strange white paper attached that had weighing information on it. The package was not overweight or oversized.

It was mailed December 15, two-day priority. Apparently it arrived at our post office January 8.

So I'm not giving up hope. Some of our packages sent in December might still get here!  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Re: Another LOL at Mail Delivery Problems

[ Edited ]

I placed an order from the K store on 12/10.  One of the items came quickly.  Two items came the day after Christmas.  I called their CS and they initiated a new order to replace the item that never came, free of charge.  This past Monday I received the replacement order and on Tuesday I received the original order.  My oldest great nephew now has 2 identical pairs of PJs.  P.S.  They also gave me a $10 gift card to cover shipping on the original order.  

Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

My SIL mailed our present from another part of our state on December 15 - two-day priority. It came today. There was a strange white paper attached that had weighing information on it. The package was not overweight or oversized.

It was mailed December 15, two-day priority. Apparently it arrived at our post office January 8.

So I'm not giving up hope. Some of our packages sent in December might still get here!  Smiley Wink

Yep, I have a similar story.  A store here in NOLA sent my package by two day Priority Mail on Dec. 10 to my DS and DIL in Chicago.  It arrived yesterday, January 14.  This was a package of four ornaments, also not large or heavy.  I think the ornaments were broken (not surprising) because the picture they sent me showed the ornaments still wrapped in tissue paper.  Normally we unwrap gifts before we take a picture of them, so I think they were just trying to spare my feelings, ha ha.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

My house number and state was the only thing correct on the card that came in the mail yesterday postmarked mid December.  The name, the street, the zipcode were incorrect. I looked up the street name and noticed it was to be delivered to COL MD.  That about 60 miles from me.  In any case I looked up the street and number based on the COL MD and found the same last name.  I sent it off today from our local post office .  Hopefully the family will get it.  

I should feel important because of my house number I was singled out to be the owner of the card.  LOL

Honored Contributor

We got two Christmas cards today in the mail...they were postmarked Dec.10 and Dec.11 and mailed from friends who live about 100 miles away. We got another Christmas card last week. I wonder how long we will be getting Christmas cards?

Trusted Contributor

I received two Christmas cards this week, on Jan. 13 and 14.  

Respected Contributor

We on the West Coast also have mail problems, but I must say, the dvds from Netfix always arrive on time i.e. when Netflix notifies us they will arrive. I wonder how this happens?

Is this true for others too?

Respected Contributor

@KailaS wrote:

I received two Christmas cards this week, on Jan. 13 and 14.  

I got a bill due 1/1/21  today 1/15/21  sent on 12/4/20. This is awful. I have made 7 phone calls to the company, and I could not get a straight answer from anyone. The new bill is due again in 4 days.Don't know when it will come. This is medical , so very frustrating.

Honored Contributor

When we mail out bills at postoffice drop box, they are cashed within 3 days.  Yet invitations, or pkgs  we send take a week to two weeks.  Why is this?  Lol!!!

Honored Contributor

I've been getting  torn off HALVES of  mailings, reposted in  USPS envelopes

♥Surface of the Sun♥