Super Contributor

I think on the Kathie Lee Show they do a great job but they always take a blonde and make her have red hair and that is the hardest color to work on.............ugh.......

Super Contributor

So great when the husbands show the love for their wife while they have gotten made over............they go brown on this lady today but as you are getting older I believe lighter is better and especially if you hair is not thick.

Respected Contributor

It's unbelievable how much younger these ladies look when they merely color the gray. Decades younger.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Super Contributor

Yes but going red when you have gray unless you have a great colorist then the gray area will be a carrot color and the rest will be darker..........I used to color my hair a dark red and I loved it but it was high maintence (sp) where is the spell check? So for me a wheat color ist he best.......my gray does not show up so bad.

Respected Contributor
On 7/24/2014 RibbonsRosesRainbows said:

Yes but going red when you have gray unless you have a great colorist then the gray area will be a carrot color and the rest will be darker..........I used to color my hair a dark red and I loved it but it was high maintence (sp) where is the spell check? So for me a wheat color ist he best.......my gray does not show up so bad.

I agree RandR....I used to be go very brunette and find it more youthful and flattering and easier for me now to go with a champaign tone (:
Regular Contributor

I enjoy these! They do a beautiful job on those ladies. When they walk out in the after, I'm always sitting here with my mouth hanging open, "WOW"!

Respected Contributor

Color most definitely takes years off a woman's appearance but only if she stays within 2 shades of her natural color. Going too dark or too light looks unnatural. Unless you are a natural blond, very pale or that pinky blonde color is just as aging as grey-blue.