Esteemed Contributor

I'm sorry that your package did not arrive on the date you hoped. That being said, I do most of my shopping online and don't set my expectations too high. Mail delivery can sometimes be unreliable, so I have learned to plan early if my order is to be a gift, otherwise, I just wait for the mailman and try not to obsess over it.

Side bar: I order mostly through Amazon and have always received orders prior to the noted delivery date.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

I think it is the carriers who are at fault. Not sure how Amazon can remedy this.

Just the other day I got a delivery text, yet there was nothing on my porch.  I was afraid someone might have taken the items or they had been misdelivered.  Turns out USPS logged the packages in as delivered before they actually were.  They were delivered as I was on the phone with Amazon.

Another time, items came a day late because the carrier said I requested the change.  Not true. I think Amazon extended my Prime membership for that mess up.

Honored Contributor

I agree about it being all on the carrier.  I had something delayed several days due to the weather up North,UPS, and I kept track via the company that kept track through UPS.  Other than that I'm pretty pleased with how Amazon & of course Prime. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

Placed an order with Amazon - hate their tracking system, all they give you is a green line moving along to tell you how far the package has traveled.   Made a purchase early last week with four day delivery.  Said to be delivered yesterday by 8 p.m.  Nothing.  Went online this morning and they don't even show my tracking info.  Went into email they had sent me earlier and now it is saying "Delivery between Mar. 5-9".  I really hate that they don't give you a tracking number.  You have no idea how the package is to be delivered, by mail, Fed Ex or UPS.  Last order I will place with them. 

NO it doesn't.   

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Amazon sucks!

[ Edited ]

I had a strange experience happen this week re:Amazon and UPS!!  Last Wednesday, a stranger rang my door bell - a lady.   She had an Amazon box for me.  She related -  this box was in the middle of the street in a very busy crossroads on my side of town.  She stated that all the cars were driving around the box.  She pulled over and picked up the box.  She saw that it was from Amazon so she took it to a UPS store in town. She wanted a receipt for it, but they would not give one to her!!  So she saw my address, looked it up on her smart phone and brought the box to me!!  I was so surprised and amazed that there are still some decent, honest people in this world.  The box was banged up a bit, but the contents inside were fine. 

My tracking shows that "something is not right" with the order, but not delivered.  I did email Amazon, but have not heard from them.  Obviously a big mistake on UPS' part. What if the contents had been broken??  What if the lady had decided just to keep the box and contents? Am really wondering what Amazon will do or say....probably nothing!!

Honored Contributor

@corita  I think you should call UPS and tell them.  They need to be the ones to look into this.  I'm glad you ended up getting your package.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Wow..........your package will be delivered a day or two late and the whole company stinks...........smh

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

oh good grief! By the way, they DO give you the tracking number so you can copy and paste it into the carrier's website and track it yourself so you don't have to watch the green line, lol.

Honored Contributor

I have never had any trouble with Amazon deliveries.  I do not have Prime and always opt for the free delivery.  It usually comes faster than stated.  

Esteemed Contributor

I got an e-mail this morning stating something that was scheduled for delivery for Wednesday is now being delivered tomorrow. 

I've never been disappointed with the delivery of anything I've ordered from Amazon Prime.  And I've always received tracking numbers too.