Esteemed Contributor

Amazon has it's own delivery service

I received two packages from Amazon in the last week. Both items were delivered by a white van with an Amazon logo. I was waiting at a traffic light today, and saw the "smiling a".

Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon has it's own delivery service

[ Edited ]

That's interesting.  I've got two packages from Amazon coming tomorrow, but I think the tracking is USPS.  I'll bet the Amazon delivery is just in certain cities.  Did you receive your items quickly?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

They do insome cities, & a poster on these forums recently gave contact info on where to apply for a delivery job with them.

Respected Contributor

Now the porch thieves will have yet another delivery truck they can follow around.  Since UPS has started wising up to them, they'll probably need a new gig!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I've read they're contracting deliveries.  I had three deliveries in one day so they're not well coordinated.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

In my area Amazon packages are delivered by United State Postal Service on SUNDAYS!  I was shocked.  I asked the post man - why?  He said Amazon made a deal w/USPS to deliver their packages on Sunday.  Obviously he wasn't happy working on Sunday and I told him the box contained slippers and I certainly could have waited until Monday.  Amazon is out to impress us - w/Christmas season coming up.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fthunt wrote:

In my area Amazon packages are delivered by United State Postal Service on SUNDAYS!  I was shocked.  I asked the post man - why?  He said Amazon made a deal w/USPS to deliver their packages on Sunday.  Obviously he wasn't happy working on Sunday and I told him the box contained slippers and I certainly could have waited until Monday.  Amazon is out to impress us - w/Christmas season coming up.

This happened to me with my last Amazon Pantry Box...I was happy to see it, needed some of the things in it, but stunned none the less.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

Are they delivering via drone yet?

Honored Contributor

I get Amazon packages from the USPS, UPS and DLS (?) also, there is an unmarked van, that looks like a private delivery service that has delivered boxes.  It is sort of a beat up van.  I wonder if those are from their local Amazon stores, and they hire a guy to bring packages.

Amazon CS service is hot or cold. I order prime and it seems like it costs more now, like they add the postage to item.  But I hate is I have had to call them several times in the last couple months, and I seem to get overseas CS.  I can barely hear them, it is painful.  The lines go in and out.  It is like they are on walkie talkies.  Then they repeat every darn word I say.  I feel like I am talking to a darn parrot, LOL!

The problem I have with an Amazon order, when I have them, is they send the wrong item!

Honored Contributor

When I lived in my old house in the city there were many times my Amazon orders were delivered by the same young guy driving a jeep. I sure would get those packages FAST.

"Pure Michigan"