Esteemed Contributor

The lastest news from CNN is that it just might have been ISIS, or a sympathizer who planted a bomb on the Russian plane that blew up on Saturday, killing all 224 people on board.

Too many lone wolves out there for the government to keep tack of.

What's to prevent it from happening here?

Honored Contributor

Re: I Don't Want to Fly Anymore

Count me out. Unless I had to get back fast to where I was born before I moved I'm not traveling any more. We have our own share of people who won't behave like they're human on board. Then, we have to worry about religious zealots trying to bring us down to boot. Today, they announced Spirit airlines will start charging for carry ons , also.

We vacation no more then 200-300 miles away any more. I'm thru with planes. Do make the long drive from Tx to Ind once a yr. to see relatives before we all die.

Honored Contributor

Already has.....

1332715-cd09cee6393b587d85156de0f9286a54.jpg

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

You must remember in what part of the world this took place.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I'll fly for as long as I can.  I didn't have time to read all the posts and I am sure someone else has already said this:  but

1. There are nutcases everywhere who want to kill.  Not flying will not make me safer.

2. I can't go where I want to go unless I fly.  Flying on the whole makes me happier.  I am very aware the whole time, however, of the vulnerability of airplanes to malicious people.  But it's a few hours.  I don't like highway driving either, but I do it to get where I need to.

Esteemed Contributor

Have to agree.  I won't be going to hostile third world/fifth world countries to give them my money.  There's planty to see here stateside and up in Canada. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

The lastest news from CNN is that it just might have been ISIS, or a sympathizer who planted a bomb on the Russian plane that blew up on Saturday, killing all 224 people on board.

Too many lone wolves out there for the government to keep tack of.

What's to prevent it from happening here?

Airplane travel is the safest way to go!!! Google it and you'll see how small your chances are for being in a plane crash.  Part of what makes it safe is the way they go over every detail of the crash, including the black boxes, the crash site, the debris, the plane maintenance records, and every detail of the passengers.  They learn so much that the chance of a repeat accident from the same cause is cut way down.  If someone put a bomb aboard, they'll find out exactly who was involved, including crew or maintenance members and how they got the bomb on board.  I can't think of any other accident that is studied more closely than a plane crash.

Respected Contributor

If it weren't for air travel, I might never see my son, his wife and my granddaughter again.  I'll take my chances.  I just can't live my life around the "what ifs".

Honored Contributor

I hate to fly because it is an overcrowded germ factory. I get some kind of respiratory infection every time I fly. To my way of thinking - flying is for emergencies only. 

When I was a kid we used to fly all the time, but they still want to charge an arm & a leg even though they have taken away all the luxury of it. I prefer to drive and to make the trip part of the whole experience. We stay at very nice hotels and eat at nice restaurants, visit friends who live along our route, see sites along the way etc. And I have no desire at all to leave the USA the way things are in the world right now. I feel safer here.

Esteemed Contributor

Uh oh, I should not have opened this thread.  I am leaving in the morning -- flying from Florida to Ohio for a wedding.  Months ago I was all excited to go.  Now that it is upon us, I don't want to go at all.  Too much to do at home.  Too many relatives to be annoyed with up there!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead