Respected Contributor

Re: Am I The Only One Who.......??

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Can I grind whole coffee beans in the VM? 

I just realized I bought two bags of WHOLE coffee grounds....ugh.

Waving Hi to AB!

I think you have to buy another container that has a different blade for dry ingredients only.

Respected Contributor

I love my VM, I purchased it 5 1/2 years ago and use it almost every day.  I got the one with the smaller container so it can fit under my cabinets so I'm able to leave it on my counter.  I consider it one of my best investments and I know they've come out with "new & improved" versions since then but that happens all the time with all kind of products, so I don't mind.  They are expensive and I thought about it for a long time before I purchased one, but it's one decision I never regretted.  

Honored Contributor

Don't you realize, it is all about them making more,and money?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

i totally understand what your saying. we bought a shark rocket vacuum that we love and now they show the new and inproved rocket much better and kuirig coffee maker we got ours and alittle later a better model came out.

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 Yup! You're the only one! Lol! Just kidding,of course. My husband bought one but not from QVC,though. He loves it and uses it everyday. He says it's everything thing that it's cracked up to be. He had a Ninja ,but he said that he didn't like " chewing " his smoothie/ protein drinks so he bought the Vitamix. 

Im going to try some soup when the weather is cool again. 

All that said, my son has the Ninja that was a tsv not long ago and he loves it for his protein drinks. I tried one that he made and was very smooth- no chewing. It was only $ 30 or so. 

Honored Contributor

I have a braun stick blender that can also act as a food processor and I hardly ever use it as either one.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

So, I see here the Vitamix is on sale and (of course) it's waayy better than ever....  What the hay?

OK, so I almost bought it about 2 Vitamix TSV's back....but I didn't...now I'm glad I didn't...

I know it's the American way, and I love that about this Country (bigger and better...ya da...

However, had I bought the Vitamix way back and now this one is better, better (two betters) I'd be upset that I hadn't waited and gotten the upgrade.

So, I'm wondering if I'm the only person in this Country who (again, while I salute the American way of making things better), would be upset that I'd just bought one (of anything) and now there's an even better one?

I'm trying to decide if I should bite the bullet (so to speak) and purchase this one...

Just be aware that (with my luck) if I buy this one...very soon a NEW, BETTER Vitamix will be unveiled....just you wait!

What do ya think people?  Should I buy this better one?

Oh!  Here's a better question....Will I use the thing?  Hummm....probably not.  

Maybe I should wait until they design one which will buy the fruits and vegetables, put them into the jar, turn itself on, pour it and put it to my lips (the swallowing part....I MIGHT be able to pull off)......

I have one that is about 6 years old.  It has two toggle switches and a dial on the front.  I LOVE it and I have been totally satisfied with the way it works.  We use it all the time, and both of us agree if this one goes out we will replace it post haste!  It is an appliance we are glad we bought, and it makes life easier for us, and we eat healthier foods and use up leftovers because we have it.

I don't know what it could do better, and I'm one of the worst about having to have the latest greatest, but I don't feel the need to upgrade ours!  We got a reconditioned one from VM site.  Made almond and sesame butter with it Sunday night.

Honored Contributor

I didn't consider this one an upgrade.  I'm not sure why you need the presets at all.  I love mine and I know how much time each one takes.  Even during the demonstrations, he was turning it off ahead of time because you can see whether it's done or not.  As long as you have variable speed, you're golden.

And the soup preset is too long.  Mine steams way before 6 minutes and you better be making a cream or puree because the preset time won't work for the chunkier versions if that's what you're going for.

I got my VItamix plus the dry container with three cookbooks for less than this TSV so I'm still ahead of the game and not sorry at all, yet.  Smiley Very Happy