Esteemed Contributor

Re: Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta

Oh, I wish I could be there ... my BFF and I had such a great time on our visit ... got up a 4 a.m., dressed in a heavy sweater, layered over a turtleneck, and jeans.  Our hosts drove us to the lift-off site ...  it was just magical!

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

Oh, I wish I could be there ... my BFF and I had such a great time on our visit ... got up a 4 a.m., dressed in a heavy sweater, layered over a turtleneck, and jeans.  Our hosts drove us to the lift-off site ...  it was just magical!

@SoX 

We have a dozen new special shape balloons this year.  I never get tired of the fiesta and I still look forward to it each year.

I so appreciate all the tourists who come to Albuquerque to support the city.  We depend on the kindness of strangers. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I told husband "can you imagine what they're getting for motel rooms over there "?  Probably all booked yr in advance.

coming back from Ind this past Mon and Tues. we went thru a rainstorm,

got stopped by construction traffic crossing Ill into Ind, then, on way back got on I-44 outside of Missouri and a semi cab had caught fire and had traffic blocked back to who knows where. People with sense got into the left lane, people that didn't , thought they could just sweep ahead on the right till they got close enough to the charred semi thought people would let them in on the left.

I didn't they can dang well wait with me they're not cutting in my Q.

You see hundreds of cars in left lane, duh? that should tell you to get your rump in the left hand lane. P on you. LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

special shape

special shape

special shape

special shape

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I told husband "can you imagine what they're getting for motel rooms over there "?  Probably all booked yr in advance.

@SharkE 

A lot of people just park their RVs -- that's probably a good way to go. Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

RV's not my style or camping. LOL

I just put a pecan pie recipe in Kitchen you might like

@just bee 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

@just bee 

@SharkE 

Speaking of pie, a local bakery/restaurant makes a killer apple pie with green chile and piñon.

I'll check out the recipe! Heart

Honored Contributor

Balloons are inflating but there's still a lot of fog and cloud cover so no mass ascension yet...

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@just bee 

@SharkE 

Speaking of pie, a local bakery/restaurant makes a killer apple pie with green chile and piñon.

Only in Texas and New Mexico would they mess with chile's !

when we first moved to T x at the church Thanksg dinner we saw somebody had bought a jalenpeno pepper turkey , we passed that one by LOL

Tom-Cruise-confused-GIF-1.gif

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@just bee 

@SharkE 

Only in Texas and New Mexico would they mess with chile's !

when we first moved to T x at the church Thanksg dinner we saw somebody had bought a jalenpeno pepper turkey , we passed that one by LOL

Tom-Cruise-confused-GIF-1.gif

@SharkE 

I love chiles!  So much so that I had red chile on my green chile breakfast burrito the other morning -- then later I discovered a dried drop of it on the vanilla leather sofa.  Nice stain. Woman Sad