Honored Contributor

Re: Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta

@Kachina624 

Whaddya think of all the desert fog this morning?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@judy0330 wrote:

@Kachina624   We arrived in Albuquerque today.  (Thanks again for your help about the weather!)  We are going to the Balloon Festival on Saturday.  Fingers crossed about the wind.  We had a fabulous dinner tonight at Antiquity.  The weather today was absolutely beautiful.  Wonderful first day of our trip!

@judy0330 

I hope you can squeeze in another day because the fog has put a damper on mass ascension this morning. Woman Sad

ETA:

P.S. Fog in the desert is a rare but very cool sight.  Sorry it had to be one today.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

One of my good friends is headed there now. She will see a sunrise lift off early next week. 

I saw it once a few years ago. Went to Albuquerque for a wedding and saw balloons from our hotel windows. Beauty sight.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

RV's not my style or camping. LOL

I just put a pecan pie recipe in Kitchen you might like

@just bee 

@SharkE 

Speaking of pie, a local bakery/restaurant makes a killer apple pie with green chile and piñon.

I'll check out the recipe! Heart

Only in Texas and New Mexico would they mess with chile's !

when we first moved to T x at the church Thanksg dinner we saw somebody had bought a jalenpeno pepper turkey , we passed that one by LOL

Tom-Cruise-confused-GIF-1.gif

@SharkE 

I love chiles!  So much so that I had red chile on my green chile breakfast burrito the other morning -- then later I discovered a dried drop of it on the vanilla leather sofa.  Nice stain. Woman Sad

Don't forget the Pepto !  Husband is so glad to get out of where he was working those women would eat breakfast burritos and he couldn't stand the smell. Coulldn't stand them anyway. LOL

Back in our day you had your breakfast at home, no cell phones, you came to work on time, and didn't stay on the phone all day, didn't bring in stinking food, etc.

Different world today they all discuss activities that's better left conversation, use the tanning bed and it's anything goes.

Honored Contributor

Here's my balloon fiesta back in May coming out of a hotel to get in car I looked up and BAM! grabbed the camera and had my own private showing 

DSCN0717.JPG

DSCN0719.JPG

Respected Contributor

I am 64.

Back in my younger work days we all ate breakfast burritos,  talked on the phone a good bit and sometimes were late to work. We had conversations that would make your hair curl.

We also got our work done--just like people today.

We stayed late if needed--just like people today.

The only stinky food was a MUCH older woman who brought really rank cheese to work.

Honored Contributor

Thanks justbee for that link I've been checking it out every now and again

Honored Contributor

@SharkE.  It's It's 9 days, through next weekend. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Kachina624 

Whaddya think of all the desert fog this morning?

@just bee.  Really weird but kind of pretty.  They were saying that it has never happened before.

I am devastated today by the burning of the Rio Rancho Country Club clubhouse last night.  My parent's house backed onto the golf course and they loved that place.  I'm glad they're not able to see what has happened to it.  It's a disgrace.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE. Those of us who live hete, are accustomed to balloons flying very low over our homes in the mornings.  When you hear all the dogs in the neighborhood go berserk,  you know there's a balloon outside. Then you hear the dragon roar.  Sometimes they're so low, you can hear the passengers talking.