Respected Contributor

Re: Akward request to attend funeral

@RetRN wrote:

Oh no, do you have a new battery? I hope you can get the chirping to stop.

@RetRN 

Yes, I had a friend come and put new batteries in last night but did not work . There is a process that you have to do before inserting the new batteries to stop the chirping. Did not work. They are hard wired also. These are always trouble. I have a contractor friend that is coming tomorrow. Cat is hiding in the garage.Cat Mad

Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Those few hours won't kill him.  Do it for the son.  He obviously needs support.

It's not just a few hours.  It involves travel to another state.  Traveling nowadays isn't very easy and very stressful, especially if you aren't in the best of health.

Honored Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

@depglass wrote:

Those few hours won't kill him.  Do it for the son.  He obviously needs support.

It's not just a few hours.  It involves travel to another state.  Traveling nowadays isn't very easy and very stressful, especially if you aren't in the best of health.

@DottieBlue 

we have no idea what "travel to another state" means in terms of time. we also dont know how serious his health situation is. comments were asked for, comments were given based on the amount of information we were given here about the situation.

i live in maryland.....i can be in 4 other states in about an hour or less. my mom has health issues also, but she can sit in a car and travel for several hours with stops.

without knowing ALL the details and without hearing from several sides, we base our opinions from one side of the story and from the limited information we are given.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein