Esteemed Contributor

ANYONE USE STANLEY STEEMER??

Were you happy with the job they did?  I realize that it can be different from area to area, but perhaps they have a standard that they require of their techs.

Would you care to share your experience?

TIA

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: ANYONE USE STANLEY STEEMER??

[ Edited ]

They did a great job- vacuumed fully beforehand (worth the price of admission right there! Woman LOL) and were very complete in a short period of time. Showed up exactly on time too! The only negative is they try to upsell you. A real hard sell too. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It has been about 22 years ago, but I hired them to do my mom's house before she moved into it. 

I will never use our local franchise again! They quoted one price when I called and described the number of rooms and layout, but demanded more when they got there, and refused to clean all the areas if we didn't pay more. 

The man was rude to my mom, they left the carpet very wet and it took days to dry, in addition to too much pushing of his religious beliefs. 

I know a lot of people are happy with that company, but the locally owned franchise here is not a company I'd ever give another dime to.

If your local is franchised (perhaps they all are), find local reviews about the one in your area, as I'm sure there are many that do good work. 

Honored Contributor

Hired them to clean and color seal the bathroom grout, they did a horrible job. Only have 4 colors of grout color on the truck and it turns out we have porous grout and it can not be color sealed, they job was horrible, a second crew had to come and remove the color put on by the first crew, and oh yeah there was a middle visit just to check how bad the job was, I would never use them again

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

We hired them to steam clean our carpets and they did an excellent job and also good to know that they're not good on grout.  Thanks for that information. 

Respected Contributor

I've been using Sear's service lately. They did a good job cleaning what was needed before our granddaughters visited the other week. My only issue is that it takes over a day to dry.

Honored Contributor

We used ChemDry several years ago.  Carpets looked like new.  I didn't want SS because of how wet the carpets get and I think that affects the padding underneath.  

Honored Contributor

I have used them in the past but it was a number of years ago.  We were very happy with them.  The 2 guys that came were very professional and went above and beyond for us.  The price we paid was the price quoted. 

Honored Contributor

I have used Stanley Steamer 4-5x, and always had a good experience.  Even though I no longer have carpet, I continue to call on them to clean my upholstered furniture.   The quoted price is always what I pay, never had any surprises after the job is done.   

Honored Contributor

Last time I used them the result was meh, not as pleased as I had been.  I need to have it done again and I'm going to find someone else to come in to do it.

The upsell is annoying to say the least, say no to one thing and they try something else.  They will try everything from deodorizer to scotch guard to a pet hair removal sponge, front door mat, spot cleaner...