Esteemed Contributor

Re: ANYONE USE STANLEY STEEMER??

Thanks to all that responded!  The franchise in our area has good reviews.  We are giving them a try tomorrow and I will report back.  They tried to upsell things on the phone - deodorizer and some sort of scotch guard.  I said no and there was no more pressure.  Perhaps the techs will put on the hard sell.  I only want them steamed cleaned - nothing extra.  We are trying to eliminate all allergens and added chemicals aren't part of the plan LOL.  I asked how wet it would be when done and she said it would be completely dry within 24 hours.  We are in a cold spell right now and are running our furnace.  I think that will help to speed things up. 

The local people that do cleaning aren't exactly outstanding.  I have been asking around and there was no one that was recommended.  We have rental property that we will consider using them for if we are happy with what we see here. 

Like I said, I will report back!

TA

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: ANYONE USE STANLEY STEEMER??

I sold my home and moved into an apt for a year while having my house bulit.  It was one of the few apt complexes that offered short term occupancy.  They changed out the carpeting every 2 years on the short term leases.  They showed me the unit I'd occupy and I had to wait an extra day bc they were having it steam cleaned - Stanley Steamer is who they used.  When I moved in the place smelled so fresh.  I think our area has one of the better ones.