Trusted Contributor

Just saw a sign in a window of a travel agent advertising African Safari's!  We don't personally know anyone who has ever been on one but have read they can be fun!  My husband and I are both animal lovers!!

Has anyone ever been on one?  Any details would be appreciated!!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

In the Among Friends forum there is a thread called Travel Chat. Many have been on a safari. Very informative thread.

Honored Contributor

Africa is pretty big place....lol   Did they say what country the trip would be in?  I would love to go on photographic safari but it would depend on what country in Africa. The political sisuations in parts of Africa can be dicey.

Esteemed Contributor

They're awesome, breathtaking, and wonderful.  Please be prepared for heat, bugs and um..animal smells.

Most of the travel groups offer lovely packages and the accommodations are very, very nice.  Hot showers, catered meals, sleeping under the stars (if you wish). 

Choose your country wisely, airport transfer and other incidentals are important  PLEASE make sure you have all the necessary inoculations!!!!!!!

Have fun!

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Respected Contributor

The closest I've been was the animal kingdom safari ride at Disneyworld🐘🐯   😁

Honored Contributor

I have been on safari in So. Africa.  I always go in the spring which in So. Africa starts around October. 

The reason for this is because in the spring time, the "bush country" vegatation is not yet in full bloom.  Easy to spot all the animals.

The "cats" are nocturnal.  Which meant there were nightly Safaries to watch a "hunt."

I did witness & video taped a lion & lioness mate.  This was done in the daylight hours. 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I would love that.  It is a continent I never got to visit.  

Over the years I've seen things like tv shows and movies where people went there for safari and such, and ended up staying in tents.   I would have to have an air-conditioned hotel room, however, if that is available.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: AFRICAN SAFARI ANYONE?

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt

So when are you going?

image.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: AFRICAN SAFARI ANYONE?

[ Edited ]

Ha! Love that.  Shooting with a camera = the only way to go!

I shant be going to Africa, probably.   I don't travel anymore.  I miss it, for sure, but I probably won't ever go anywher else again.

I hope that people who want to see places in the world do what they need to do to plan these trips and GO!     I heard so many people say 'I'll travel after I retired' and stuff like that.  Then they find that something else has caused them to not be able to travel, OR they are no longer interested in the things they wanted to do earlier.

Go and do it.  I'm lucky that I travelled extensively for about 15 years.   Earlier on, in the 70s, I lived abroad and travelled to a few countries, too.   I have been to quite a few countries and, in the last 10 years of my travelling, got to do some world-class diving.     Some of the best things that this life has brought me have been during those times.   Diving is the best, most peaceful and beautiful, thing ever and it is what I miss the most.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

No thanks.  Africa looks too much like Texas.  As for the animals, that's why they have zoos.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment