Honored Contributor

Re: A PERFORMER OF NOTE

[ Edited ]

@vermint ,  and @on the bay --   Heart Heart  Glad you listened and liked the duet!    They are so relaxed, and even flub a few times, ( which I find fun) but each one at the top of their game, meshing beautifully....  Peggy echoes his playfulness, but she also has such, I don't know, 'professional dignity' when she swings into a song. Utter respect for the song, and commitment to put herself right into it...

Great anecdotes from the cook, @blueroses47 -- thank you for posting!  I will try to find that youtube.    Sounds bang on from what we have heard about Peggy Lee....

Edited to add--  @just bee ,  I meant to respond to your post re production plans for a bio pic, but forgot!  Interesting proposed casting--  yes, I could see either Michelle Williams or Reese Witherspoon in the role, but maybe Reese would lack a certain "softness"--  or not.  Another possibility might have been a young Renee Zellweger...

Fun parlor game.   They'd have to get someone good to play Peggy's one-time husband, bad boy jazz guitarist Dave Barbour...  I suppose the default choice would be Bradley Cooper....

500x500-000000-80-0-0.jpg   

Those lapels could poke your eye out.