Regular Contributor

Re: 5 Ways the Future of Retail Is Already Here

I'll pass on all of it.  Robotic shopping carts....lol   

Esteemed Contributor

Re: 5 Ways the Future of Retail Is Already Here

@dex wrote:

@TY Sad to hear that HBC is letting their stores get shabby.I used to shop there or Eatons.What store do you like to shop now?I have been living in USA for so long that I am out of touch with Canadian shopping but I have noticed the same trends in rundown stores and malls here too.

@dex

I like the stores Reitman's, Cleo, Tanjay N Alia for some clothes. When I looked at my past HBC purchases for the last year, I bought things that I didn't have to try on like my favorite bras or I bought shoes from brands that fit me well like B.O.C. I barely bought any tops or pants there -- and it was nearly a year between top purchases since I no longer like to use the dressing rooms.

Going forward, it's going to be hard to say where I will shop. I occasionally find clothes at Winners but they have the same problem as a lot of mall chain stores and that is they don't stock very many size 14-16 missy clothes. Sears Canada for all their faults always stocked clothes for people above a size 10-12. I can't say that HBC does a very good job  as that size clothes are in the back of the store.