Honored Contributor

That book by Jodi Picoult is super. Has a surprise ending. I could not put it down-if you get a chance PLEASE read it.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

Thanks, will request it from the library. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm reading it now, at 90%, so only a bit to go. I love it, so far. I sure hope this has a happy ending!!!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Regular Contributor

Just replied to the other thread about this book, but I loved it also!  Very thought-provoking.  I found it really made me evaluate my behavior and attitude,  The attention to detail is phenomenal and the plot moves along quickly.  The ending was terrific and gave great closure.  I highly recommend it!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Small great things

[ Edited ]

I loved this book so much, and it snuck in just in time for my 2016 list. A great way to end the year!

Reading the various points of view in separate chapters was an excellent way to showcase each of the characters. The author wrote the book so well, I found it very hard to put it down.

I loved the ending, as it was nothing like I expected. Total surprise!

Who would love a sequel? (Raising my hand!)

Esteemed Contributor

I am about half way through this book, I have had to actually put it down a couple of times already, some of the behaviour in the characters really bothers me, but it is well written and it brings to light that racism is still very present today, which is unacceptable!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Small great things

[ Edited ]

Earlier I had posted that I was half through this book, it is now 3:19 am and I just finished, what an eye opening book, so well written!  Several valid points made on all sides of the issues, and it too will make me more aware of my personal actions and those around me in the future!

Super Contributor

Loved the book. So happy to hear the film adaptation was made official!!! Viola Davis and Julia Roberts!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@IntoSkincare wrote:

Loved the book. So happy to hear the film adaptation was made official!!! Viola Davis and Julia Roberts!!!

@IntoSkincare

Wow, I didn't hear that! I guess Julia Roberts will be the lawyer, and Viola Davis will be the nurse? Sorry, I read this several months ago and have forgotten all the character's names. However, the book lingers in my mind. It was one of my favorite books of 2016, and more!