Esteemed Contributor

Re: so....what are your plans now that the Holidays are over?.....

On 12/26/2014 scatha_guardian said:
On 12/25/2014 Kathleen said:

Our Christmas season lasts until January 6, 2015.

Agreed! Here in the south, and where you find Catholic families, they leave their stuff up till Jan. 6. A full 12 days after having to do with the "The Twelfth Night" pagan holiday. It also leads up to Mardi Gras. I just enjoy having the tree up as long as possible. For the time and trouble we put into it, I like to have it around a bit longer...

I live in the northeast, and I don't have one neighbor or friend who takes any of their Christmas decorations down until well into January. Some even longer!

Trusted Contributor

On 12/25/2014 brewhaha said:

Clean out our basement. I've kept a lot of stuff because I just never know when I'll need any of it. At this point, I have no idea what 90% of what I kept over the years. I'm sure most of it is trash.

Same here. I am sure I could get rid of 50% of the stuff in my house and not miss it. I know which 50%, too.

Esteemed Contributor

I really didn't mean this to be about when the holidays are over. LOL!

(I love Christmas and can't wait to decorate. I'd leave them up longer, but it's usually most convenient to take them down New Year's Day or that weekend)

What I meant was....

I start spring cleaning, better diet, more exercise, dreaming of spring weather.... and I was wondering what others do.

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/26/2014 Mary Bailey said:

(I love Christmas and can't wait to decorate. I'd leave them up longer, but it's usually most convenient to take them down New Year's Day or that weekend)

What I meant was....

I start spring cleaning, better diet, more exercise, dreaming of spring weather.... and I was wondering what others do.

I think what we're all saying is that we stay in holiday mode and aren't thinking about those things yet.

Until the holidays are over, I don't give a thought to diet, exercise, spring cleaning, or any of that!

Valued Contributor

I know what you mean, Mary Bailey! Thanks for starting this thread! It inspired me today to start making some lists of things I want to accomplish in 2015...so I will be ready on New Year's Day!Wink Yes, will continue to enjoy family and friends while my kids are home from school...but, already back to work and off on New Year's day...gotta put decorations away when time allows! And, yes, plans to improve diet and add more exercise...and dreaming of sunny, warmer weather~~lol!!Smile

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/26/2014 NYC Susan said:
On 12/26/2014 Mary Bailey said:

What I meant was....

I think what we're all saying is that we stay in holiday mode and aren't thinking about those things yet.

Until the holidays are over, I don't give a thought to diet, exercise, spring cleaning, or any of that!

I totally understand. I need to plan ahead. (I do it too much. I have already bought some 2015 Christmas presents)

Valued Contributor

I'll let you now Tuesday after in-laws leave... things were delayed ...

No thought is worth thinking.....
Super Contributor

For the first time in my life, I got some pretty large checks for Christmas and ,instead of thinking of how I'm going to spend it, I put it all into my savings account. I recently paid off all of our credit cards and , in 2015, I am going to stick to my resolution of watching my spending, VERY CAREFULLY. I'm not buying anything unless I desperately need it.

Super Contributor

stop eating!!!!!!!!!

Super Contributor

I am enjoying my winter recess from teaching and looking forward to celebrating New Year with my family. After the holidays, it is off to Florida for a week of sunshine before I return to work.