Respected Contributor

Please leave reviews for the foundation & Buble fragrance....I'm really curious.

I loved the way the foundation appeared on TV. But I tried one of Jay's HSN foundations probably 2 years ago, & it was HORRIBLE. It was the worst foundation I'd ever used....looked bad, felt bad, was REALLY bad.

Buble's fragrance is loaded with so many pretty notes....can't wait to hear what people have to say about it.

Respected Contributor

@BlingQueen022 Lol! Some women love shoes (I only have 10 pair), some women love handbags (umm maybe three I change out during the year), my weakness has always been makeup. I love the holiday and seasonal palettes and finding new loves especially inexpensive brands. Currently loving Kiko Cosmetics and Colourpop, but I think I have enough Colourpop at the moment.  I also ordered the Laura Geller TSV.  I really like the look of the color cosmetics in the kit.I also love Nordies exclusive Laura Mercier palette. I've been using it everyday.  

I am going thru my stash this weekend to narrow it down to my favorites and will be more picky about the holiday palettes, but the Geller colors look very pretty and JAy Manuels  ]s TS was interesting how it went from powder to cream. I had to order and looking forward to playing with it. 

Respected Contributor

@BlingQueen022, I also profess to being a terrible junkie. Since I retired in 2011, I have cut back a little. Lol! No matter how much I think I am cutting back, I guess I am not. I love makeup and wear it everyday even if I am only walking my dog. Love to play with different looks and colors. My husband doesn't understand it all but he doesn't even use a moisturizer. Oh well! I guess I won't change. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

@BlingQueen022, I also profess to being a terrible junkie. Since I retired in 2011, I have cut back a little. Lol! No matter how much I think I am cutting back, I guess I am not. I love makeup and wear it everyday even if I am only walking my dog. Love to play with different looks and colors. My husband doesn't understand it all but he doesn't even use a moisturizer. Oh well! I guess I won't change. 

@Tricolor Wecolme to the club and don't ever change.  I think it's great you wear makeup just to walk the dog.  You know you have to look good for your pet too, lol.  I'm still working but the only day I don't wear makeup is Sunday.  Of course, if I have plans that day I do, but I try use Sunday as a day of rest before the rat race starts up again lol.  Keep on keeping on and enjoy your retirement.  

Respected Contributor

@BlingQueen022,  thank you. My 94 year old Mom just moved into a personal care home. There is a resident there who always dresses up and wear her makeup very well. She is so sweet. I told my husband about her and he said that will be me someday. Haha! I guess I will wear makeup until I no longer can do my own. Thank you for accepting me into your prestigous club. Lol! Enjoy the rest of your weekend before your crazy week starts again.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

@BlingQueen022,  thank you. My 94 year old Mom just moved into a personal care home. There is a resident there who always dresses up and wear her makeup very well. She is so sweet. I told my husband about her and he said that will be me someday. Haha! I guess I will wear makeup until I no longer can do my own. Thank you for accepting me into your prestigous club. Lol! Enjoy the rest of your weekend before your crazy week starts again.

@Tricolor My pleasure.  Bless your mom's heart.  You're never too old for any kind of makeup.  I bet she looks fabulous in it.  My parents are up in years also.  My mom's 89 and still wears makeup and colors her hair too, and my dad will be 92 in November.  They're both still in their home and they both still drive.  That's a bit scarey, but my brother and I oml let them drive to the grocery store.  No interstate driving anymore.  i wish your mom much happieness in her new environment . You also have a good safe week coming up.  

Valued Contributor

I was interested in this foundation until I saw the ingredients. The second ingredient is propylene glycol. This stuff is so caustic that undiluted it can eat through a stainless steel tank in two days. It's used in a lot of cosmetic products because it's cheap but was surprised to see it as the second ingredient. It's a petroleum derivitive.

Honored Contributor

@Blondelle wrote:

I was interested in this foundation until I saw the ingredients. The second ingredient is propylene glycol. This stuff is so caustic that undiluted it can eat through a stainless steel tank in two days. It's used in a lot of cosmetic products because it's cheap but was surprised to see it as the second ingredient. It's a petroleum derivitive.

That's disappointing, but I didn't buy it anyway.  I do like him though.  

I think he's very talented!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Re: jay manuel upcoming TS

[ Edited ]
PROPYLENE GLYCOL

Rating: Good Categories: Slip Agents , Miscellaneous

Along with other glycols and glycerol, this is a humectant or humidifying and delivery ingredient used in cosmetics. There are websites and spam e-mails stating that propylene glycol is really industrial antifreeze and that it is the major ingredient in brake and hydraulic fluids. These sites also state that tests show it’s a strong skin irritant. They further point out that the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) on propylene glycol warns users to avoid skin contact because systemically (in the body) it can cause liver abnormalities and kidney damage. As ominous as this sounds, it’s so far from the reality of cosmetics formulations that almost none of it holds any water or poses any real concern.

In fact, research from toxicologists has shown that propylene glycol and similar ingredients don’t present a health risk for people when used in cosmetics. [1] It’s important to realize that the MSDS refers to a 100% concentration of a substance. Even water and salt have frightening comments regarding their safety according to their MSDS reports. In cosmetics, propylene glycol is used only in the smallest amounts to keep products from melting in high heat or from freezing. It also helps active ingredients penetrate skin. In the minute amounts in cosmetics, it’s not a concern in the least. People aren’t suffering from liver problems because of propylene glycol in cosmetics.

And, finally, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, within the Public Health Services Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry, “studies have not shown these chemicals (propylene or the other glycols as used in cosmetics) to be carcinogens.” [2] The Cosmetic Ingredient Review Board and other groups have analyzed all of the toxicology data and exposure studies concerning topical application of propylene glycol as commonly used in cosmetics products. Their conclusion was that it is safe and does not pose a health risk to consumers.

References Cited:

1. Fowles J, Banton M, Pottenger L. A toxicological review of the propylene glycols. Crit Rev Toxicol. 2013;43(4):363-90.
  2. Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry. Public Health Statement: Ethylene Glycol and Propylene Glycol. [Internet]. 1997 [cited 2015 July]. Available from: http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxprofiles/tp96-c1-b.pdf.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor
Thank you for all that research. The product is mainly though propylene glycol as it's the second ingredient. I don't mind some in blush or lipstick but this has a high amount and you put it all over your face once or twice a day. No thanks!