Honored Contributor

My cousin - who is in her early 50's and is just a beautiful woman was just telling me that she has decided to let her hair go it's natural light brown - salt & pepper color. I was surprised and ask her why and she said she just can not afford to continue to have it done - color plus high lights and low lights is nearly $500. And her hair grows so fast she needs a cut and roots every month. She has very curly hair so keeping her hair well trimmed is vital or she starts to look like a brillo pad. This woman is so beautiful she could not look bad no matter what but she said it is just such a waste of money and I certainly understand that. Wow, I never realized it was that expensive to maintain hair color. I have a girlfriend who says the only reason she has to work is to pay for herself and her 2 teenage daughters beauty needs. Now i am beginning to understand why she says that. and there is also the time involved in doing all that at a salon.I don't like going to the salon and haing to be there for hours would not be fun for me.