Esteemed Contributor

Re: does nick chavez refuse to work with the hosts who are wen users?

On 3/22/2015 Jodi130 said:

I was under the impression, from the comments hosts have made when presenting beauty products, that they use all of the products or at least most of the products. I have heard most, if not all, hosts mention how they use certain make-up, haircare and other beauty products on a regular basis. I think QVC probably pairs the host users with the appropriate guest and their products. I guess there could be crossover where a host may use some products from a couple of guests. I know, Jacqui for one always raves about Mally products while Carolyn seems to prefer Laura Geller. Who knows...either way, guests should be more sensitive to other guests who may not make products exactly like theirs and bash products.

Yes I agree with the bolded statement.

Really, if you want to go back to where this disagreement really began, Chaz has been bashing shampoo and begging viewers not to use it since his first day on air.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

With the exception of shows which have regularly scheduled time slots and hosts the vendors do not dictate to QVC which hosts they will work with. I don't think it's a secret that vendors request certain models. From what I know from experience with broadcast media a vendor might be able to request of QVC to allow them to work only with certain hosts. Actually, thats no different than a news program interview subject asking the producers to send a particular journalist to do their segment. Whether you've worked in television or not, common sense should have you assume that a team of QVC executives (from programming, buying department for the specific product to be aired, and the supervising manager of the hosts are all somehow), are involved in the decision process as to what day and time slot(s) a vendor gets, and ultimately who will be the host(s) and models for the show(s).

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/22/2015 Drythe said:
On 3/22/2015 untitled said:

I think it is just something that is fabricated on these boards. Chaz just seems to get more 'press' so people try to create a buzz around Nick. But there is none. It was just one poster's mission to raise the 'name' because there has been no chatter at all about him- and just in the last few months there is. I think whatever 'futile stabs' Nick does take at Chaz it is just him trying to find his glory back at the Q.

But really if I were to use NC products I wouldn't buy them here. There are so many cheaper places to purchase his stuff.

You know what they say well at least they are talking about you...

The only competition is in the mind of NC's poster friend who has a personal agenda.

I used to watch NC's shows, but he has become so frantic and so hostile to other products that now I turn him off. Sad to see.

NCBandwagon has just as much right to have a thread about a product/vendor she likes as you do about your's. She has no more of an agenda than you do. She didn't ask for an entire category for her's either, just an ongoing thread.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

On 3/22/2015 betteb said:

I think it is just something that is fabricated on these boards. Chaz just seems to get more 'press' so people try to create a buzz around Nick. But there is none. It was just one poster's mission to raise the 'name' because there has been no chatter at all about him- and just in the last few months there is. I think whatever 'futile stabs' Nick does take at Chaz it is just him trying to find his glory back at the Q.

But really if I were to use NC products I wouldn't buy them here. There are so many cheaper places to purchase his stuff.

The only competition is in the mind of NC's poster friend who has a personal agenda.

I used to watch NC's shows, but he has become so frantic and so hostile to other products that now I turn him off. Sad to see.

NCBandwagon has just as much right to have a thread about a product/vendor she likes as you do about your's. She has no more of an agenda than you do. She didn't ask for an entire category for her's either, just an ongoing thread.

Actually this isn't true. She's asked multiple times for a Nick Chavez specific forum but as of yet, QVC has not obliged.

Valued Contributor

I think QVC created the competition between Chaz & Nick..Nick use to have many more hours on the Q and then along came Chaz and POOF Nicks hours were cut in half and now almost NON EXISTENT..So, Nick feeling the heat,seems to say these little remarks that sort of BASH the idea of WEN..I think it all comes from the fact that Chaz constantly puts down any hair care company that advocates SHAMPOOING... He feels he is THE GOD OF HAIR CARE and how I read him....there is NOTHING in this world that is better than what he makes.. So, if I am anyone coming on The Q,I feel that I have to prove something..Believe me anyone who sells Hair Care on QVC is well aware of WEN & Chaz and they know he is QVC's Golden Boy.They know that they have to do all they can do to convince the viewer to buy their product..BUT all the viewer sees is that ALL THE HOSTS use WEN and they just have to sell this other stuff.because it's their job...If you were a new viewer to QVC..you would never know they sold any other haircare products other than WEN!

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/22/2015 HappyDaze said:

Actually this isn't true. She's asked multiple times for a Nick Chavez specific forum but as of yet, QVC has not obliged.

I wasn't aware of that HappyDaze, thanks for the correction. Personally, I don't think Nick is on enough to have a specific forum, but I think she (and the rest of us who like his products) should be able post about it without being accused of having an "agenda".

Honored Contributor

On 3/22/2015 HappyDaze said:

I wasn't aware of that HappyDaze, thanks for the correction. Personally, I don't think Nick is on enough to have a specific forum, but I think she (and the rest of us who like his products) should be able post about it without being accused of having an "agenda".

I agree, everyone should be able to post about the products they like. I think the reference to the agenda was more about the posts made within the WEN forum itself. I don't see WEN or other brand-liking people going onto the Nick Chavez thread and promoting their brand's products. It is kind of disrespectful to do that, imo.

Honored Contributor

On 3/22/2015 Jodi130 said:

I was under the impression, from the comments hosts have made when presenting beauty products, that they use all of the products or at least most of the products. I have heard most, if not all, hosts mention how they use certain make-up, haircare and other beauty products on a regular basis. I think QVC probably pairs the host users with the appropriate guest and their products. I guess there could be crossover where a host may use some products from a couple of guests. I know, Jacqui for one always raves about Mally products while Carolyn seems to prefer Laura Geller. Who knows...either way, guests should be more sensitive to other guests who may not make products exactly like theirs and bash products.

Yes I agree with the bolded statement.

Really, if you want to go back to where this disagreement really began, Chaz has been bashing shampoo and begging viewers not to use it since his first day on air.

I don't use either company's products, but I see a slight difference here. Was Chaz Dean the first to introduce the idea of not using shampoo but instead using a cleansing conditioner?

If so, I would imagine that to sell people on that idea, he would have to explain the reason for them to make that change, which by definition would require him to state his opinion about shampoos.

Nick Chavez is selling shampoo, which is still the most used product to cleanse hair. He can subtly bash other shampoos by touting his special ingredients or whatever, but it seems unnecessary for him to bash a totally different method of hair cleansing.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I'm guessing that the vendor knows ahead of time who will be hosting, and they mostly likely do their hair before the show in order that the host can help brag about the products.

In any case, I cannot use core products from either WEN or NC, although I like/liked pieces from each one.

Q used to offer different hair cleansing things, but I guess not so much anymore. It's hard to think any other vendor selling S & C or cleansers would be able to compete at the same rate as those two, although, I wish there was more of a variety, if anything just to have more choices, and I don't mean WEN "flavors".

Honored Contributor

On 3/22/2015 suzyQ3 said:

I don't use either company's products, but I see a slight difference here. Was Chaz Dean the first to introduce the idea of not using shampoo but instead using a cleansing conditioner?

If so, I would imagine that to sell people on that idea, he would have to explain the reason for them to make that change, which by definition would require him to state his opinion about shampoos.

Nick Chavez is selling shampoo, which is still the most used product to cleanse hair. He can subtly bash other shampoos by touting his special ingredients or whatever, but it seems unnecessary for him to bash a totally different method of hair cleansing.

No, he isn't the first person to use conditioners as cleansers.

Not by a long shot - although his followers like to think so.