Esteemed Contributor

Re: Whoa!! I want the new BE Serum Foundation! Anybody with me?

This is a product you can't order blindly since there's too many color choices. I would have to see this in person to get the correct color. Gosh forbid if the Q would offer free shipping like they do for makeup on hsn and sometimes on ShopNBC.
Super Contributor

On 2/21/2014 BetsyDoodle said:

Yes, I ordered it in Bare Linen Auto Delivery. Hope that it lives up to the description. Always looking for a better foundation and shampoo! Those are two elusive things in my life! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Me too! I thought I was the only one but I see we both have a lot in common!
Occasional Contributor

On 2/21/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 2/21/2014 glmama said: Hi Maren--I'm watching the presentation now. And I'm intrigued. Foundation is one of my "problem" areas. I'm always looking for the perfect base product. However, I'm not a fan of liquid foundation (yes, I know she's talking to me!). So I'll keep watching!

I've pretty much given up on the "doesn't look like makeup" line -- after all, I'm wearing makeup! But maybe this will be closer to what I'm fantasizing about. Or not. :-) I'll have to wait (and wait!) to see. I've only found one foundation that literally made me gasp in delight when I looked in the mirror -- but it was Prescriptives (R.I.P.) and is no longer available. The search continues!

MarenSeattle - Perscriptives is no longer in stores but you can buy it online from their website - check it out - my mom is a long time user and still gets all her favorites!

Super Contributor

On 2/21/2014 BellaCarro said:
On 2/21/2014 love BE said:

The models looks pretty in it and Lisa's face never matches the rest of her body. Not sure why she can't see that. Her face is always 3 shades lighter than her neck.

It is an unfortunate look. I'm not a Lisa hater or lover, pretty neutral. But, your statement is accurate. It must have something to do with camera lights.
It is unfortunate and definitely due to a poor color match in foundation. I imagine the lights would illuminate everything and everyone ex same way, wouldn't they. Most hosts/vendors do jot have that same issue. The face should match the neck Smiley Wink
Trusted Contributor

There are already a few serum foundations at the drugstore. Both powder and liquid formulas. They have had them for awhile so nothing brand spanking new there. I tried one brand and though it is definitely less heavy feeling than typical liquids, it still wasn't light weight enough for me personally.

My problem is I don't want to look or feel any foundation on my skin but need a little something to even out skin tone. Am on the forever search which continues. I will check this out once it hits retail stores but can't see buying and paying s&h with a guess on shade.

Esteemed Contributor

No, count me out. Even though I like the shade choices (cool/neutral/warm.) That makes sense to me. I'm just not a foundation person of any kind. This, to me, was all about marketing and getting in on a profitable thing - the term "serum foundation."

Trusted Contributor

I do agree that at least BE has always offered shade selections based on skin tones. Can't think of another brand sold on QVC that does. Most have 5 or 6 choices at most while BE always has at least double that.

You would think QVC might have noted that considering BE sold better than any other foundation they've ever offered that providing a wide shade selection might have been a factor. I sincerely doubt the sales of BE would have been as high if there had only been 5 choices.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/22/2014 wackers said:

There are already a few serum foundations at the drugstore. Both powder and liquid formulas. They have had them for awhile so nothing brand spanking new there. I tried one brand and though it is definitely less heavy feeling than typical liquids, it still wasn't light weight enough for me personally.

My problem is I don't want to look or feel any foundation on my skin but need a little something to even out skin tone. Am on the forever search which continues. I will check this out once it hits retail stores but can't see buying and paying s&h with a guess on shade.

What's new or different is this has no silicones or fragrance. I will also wait until it hits the BE stores in May to get a good shade match. In the mean time, I have just tried the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC cream. It is also a liquid and does a great job of evening out skin tone and you can't feel it at all. Lisa Eldridge called it "brilliant". It's available on asos.com (free shipping) and a lot less expensive than most foundations. Definitely worth trying!

Super Contributor

I'm getting it I went foe AD I think it may be perfect for me.
Regular Contributor

I pre-ordered it too!

I can't wait to try it.