Honored Contributor

Re: Which goes on clean skin first: sunscreen or primer?

On 1/3/2014 cassiem said:
On 1/3/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 1/3/2014 Tricolor said:
On 1/3/2014 cassiem said: Physical sunscreens form a barrier against the sun's rays, so my derm recommends applying last so you don't rub it off applying other products over it. Chemical sunscreens should be applied to bare skin, they need to be absorbed by skin to work.

This makes sense and I do use a Physical sunscreen. I think I would take a derm's opinion over a makeup SA.

How do you apply sunscreen over makeup without messing up your makeup, unless it is a powder sunscreen (not as effective)? My derm says sunscreen under makeup and that is how I've always done it.

Definitely don't trust an SA over what a derm tells you, lol!

Sorry, I should have been more specific, physical sunscreen last in terms of skincare products. Makeup would go over it, although he recommends not rubbing too much when applying liquids.

okay yes, that is what I do as well. That is why I like the stippling method of applying liquid foundations instead of using dense brushes or using my fingers, I think it there is less chance of me rubbing off some of the sunscreen. Thanks for the clarification!