Respected Contributor

Ok @monicakm  this is for you 😉. (Also hope you're on the mend)

Ran up to Marshalls on lunch break today...needed new washcloths, hamper, other stuff.  I'm quickly strolling through the hair, lotion, perfume section.  Now, I have mentioned here before, I do not wear perfume...haven't in years and years since Amazing Grace sold out to Coty and fiddled with the fragrance. I just couldn't find anything I really liked and all are so pricey.

I get to the end of the aisle and something smelled very nice...sexy but not heavy or floral or musky.  I said to the woman stocking the items, wow I smell something good...she said "Oh, that was me...I sprayed this Oud Safari eau de perfume I just unpacked."

She showed me this little bottle - it was $12.99 and I sprayed it on me.  Can I tell you I don't know why, but I love it...ME...buying perfume.  I am awful at describing perfumes because I know nothing about notes, top, bottom, middle or what it means - I just know this smells just plain sexy on me. It's quite light.  Hubs notices nothing new - never did. He just gives me the blanket "you're in great shape so you always look good 😊."  We are hanging out in Washington DC this weekend with some friends - let's see if he notices!!

Thanks @monicakm for the "Oud's up" on an Oud - yeah I know - been under a fragrance rock!

Respected Contributor

@bmorechick i went looking online to find the fragrance notsvon your new find. I cant find Oud Safari. I see Oud Sahara. Is that it?

Respected Contributor

Re: What the Oud??

[ Edited ]

@LizzieInSRQ   🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 omg I was so excited that I called it Safari instead of SAHARA  but yes, you are correct!!! This is it

IMG_2131.jpeg

Thank you so much for catching that one!   So @monicakm  it's Sahara - I'm losing it

Regular Contributor

@bmorechick , thanks, I'll be looking for it! Sounds beautiful! I see different prices on the web from low to high?

Honored Contributor

@bmorechick 

My first encounter with oud was in the fragrance by Tom Ford called Oud Wood.  Later I bought tobacco oud by Tom Ford and Oud by Clean Reserve.  If I remember correctly it is one of the most expensive fragrance ingredients. I seriously doubt I have a perfume that consists of high quality oud but what I have, I like.  This Aroma was quite prevalent at  The Venetian Resort in Las Vegas. I would love to be able to smell high quality pure oud someday.

Respected Contributor

Re: What the Oud??

[ Edited ]

@monicakm Oh ok I have never smelled Tom Ford, but again I am typically never in the market for a perfume, but today, I found something - like you said - that I liked.  Of course, at $12.99 I won't expect much as far as staying power or authenticity but that's OK too.  

Respected Contributor

@Faceplacegirl  Yes I saw that too from $162 an ounce down to 28$...not sure what that's about

Regular Contributor

@bmorechick 

I'm on a mission now to hit all the Marshall's and TJMaxxes lol lol. Sounds beautiful I don't like vanilla, woodsy, sweet florals or musk. I like soft florals,(peony) green tea, orange fresh scents etc....

Honored Contributor

@bmorechick 

Next time you're in Sephora check out Tom Ford's oud wood and clean Reserve oud.  Oud is a resin from a certain tree found in Asia. I'd have to Google it to know the name of the tree and which area of Asia. The story is really interesting if you care to read about it.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm Next time I'm up that way I will!  The Sephora here is a small merchandise cramped spot in a Kohls.  I have only been in there once.  But I will check it out because it's actually on the same end of town as Marshall's.  Thanks...