Respected Contributor

Re: What do you keep your makeup and skincare products in at home?

@SilleeMee I have the small version of the Alex drawers from IKEA and I love them. They are well made and look nice! I bought the darker gray color for my bathroom. 

Honored Contributor

Makeup is kept inside my vanity table. I lift up the top and all of my makeup is there. My skincare is in my sink cabinet. I specifically got nice big, deep drawers to keep all my stuff. I have a lot but nothing is kept on the counter. I hate the cluttered look!

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

I keep my cosmetics in containers located in my linen closet which is located in my bath.  I also keep some moisturizers, creams, etc., in the refrigerator in the summer. 

Respected Contributor

@Kat 213 wrote:

I bought one of these years ago and love it.  I bought another one later to give as a gift as well.  I will admit I seem to fill it up with makeup, so I do have some skincare products scattered here and there.  Brushes and lipsticks in the top, and you can fit all different sizes and shapes into the other slots.

H164200
Tabletop Spinning Cosmetic Organizer by Lori Greiner

Tabletop Spinning Cosmetic Organizer by Lori Greiner

I have this also...bought it from QVC years ago. I wish I could find something more attractive, but this works for now. The only thing I don't like about it is taking it all apart to clean it. I usually blow my hair dryer at it every day to shoo away any dust. About once a month, I take everything out and throw the whole thing in the shower for about 10 minutes...comes out nice and clean.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

What I really want is a set of these Alex drawers from Ikea. Not only want, but need!

images.jpg

@SilleeMee ... I like the look of this. Wow...could I fill this up quickly! Eventually, DH and I plan to retire in the South and buy a condo. Something like this would be a great space saver in a condo. Thanks for the idea!

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

What I really want is a set of these Alex drawers from Ikea. Not only want, but need!

images.jpg

@SilleeMee

As I mentioned in Post #10, IMO, you just can't beat shallow DRAWERS to organize your makeup, etc.

My sister has used a fishing tackle box for as long as I can remember .... she has her tackle box and a makeup mirror stashed in a cabinet and does her makeup in the dining room, which has the best natural light.    While not the most decorative of choices, these can hold a TON of lipsticks, shadows etc because they have so many compartments!  

Here's some examples ....

Image result for fishing tackle box photo

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44,

Tackle boxes are a great idea! Especially the bigger ones for back-up and stock items. Right now I am using a small Kaboodles box  and it's definitely not big enough for all my stuff and it like a small tackle box style and it fits under my sink in the bathroom. I keep regularly-used things in it.

download.jpg

I may have to get one of the man-sized tackle boxes soon!Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

What a good idea! I've never thought about that. Definitely going to google this idea, just to see pictures and see different looks and ideas. Thanks @Tinkrbl44

Respected Contributor

@Yardlie I love my Alex drawers. I'm probably in the near future going to order another one, and stack it and put my skin care and personal items in it. On the IKEA website they tell you not to stack them but I know that's for safety reasons, but I don't have any small kids running around. I love them! Worth every penny!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought a small chest of drawers about 12 in x 40 inches with 4 inch deep drawers, rubbed in the colors of my bath to keep everything organized.

My everyday basics are in a white wicker basket.

I use under the sink for toilet paper, paper towels, cleaning supplies, and

my blow dryer.

There are a number of interesting makeup organizers on amazon.