Honored Contributor

Re: What do you keep your makeup and skincare products in at home?

[ Edited ]

I keep skincare products in my mirrored wall cabinet next to my sink, along with deodorant and body lotion. I don't use that many skincare products.

My makeup, with the exception of lip products, is arranged in different cosmetic bags in one drawer on the other side of my sink. I leave them unzipped so that I can see the products.

In another drawer, I have my lipsticks and glosess in a sectioned zipper dealie that I also leave open. In that same drawer, I keep whatever back-up products I may have.

I keep hair products below my sink, along with makeup brushes that stand up in two tall cylindrical containers, and I keep hair accessories in the third drawer next to my sink.

I keep my sonic toothbrush on the counter to the left of my sink, along with liquid hand soap. In between my sink and my husband's, I keep toothbrushes and toothpaste and a box of tissues.

I just reread this, and it his has to be one of the most boring posts I've ever written!smile

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I keep makeup in a small train case.  Skincare products go in the bathroom drawers.  I don't like clutter on the vanity.  I have the I'm visiting look and I'm ok with it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What I really want is a set of these Alex drawers from Ikea. Not only want, but need!

images.jpg

Regular Contributor

I bought one of these years ago and love it.  I bought another one later to give as a gift as well.  I will admit I seem to fill it up with makeup, so I do have some skincare products scattered here and there.  Brushes and lipsticks in the top, and you can fit all different sizes and shapes into the other slots.

H164200
Tabletop Spinning Cosmetic Organizer by Lori Greiner

Tabletop Spinning Cosmetic Organizer by Lori Greiner

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

I try not to have too much clutter on the bathroom counter so I keep my skincare products in a small rectangular basket and my makeup in a cosmetic bag (that came with a Clinique gift with purchase) kept in a bathroom vanity drawer, out of sight.  When my sister-in-law saw this, she said it looked like I was visiting. Lol! Keeping a minimum amount of "stuff" on the counter also makes cleaning the bathroom easier. What do you all do?

ITA!

Valued Contributor

A Chinese wedding basket holds the cosmetics I use every day.  Everything else is in the linen cabinet.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 - Yeah, your post maybe did lean a tad to the boring side (not really) but you get 100 points for use of the term "zipper dealie."  :-)  :-)

My skin potions live on the counter in a small cardboard box to corral them.

Makeup brushes and mascara are in a Fat Cats container.

And items like blushes, eyeshadows, and powder live in a vanity drawer.  I'm actually hoping to use up two neck creams this week to make some extra space.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I keep my makeup on top of my low dresser which also acts as a vanity, as well as holding my jewelry box, nail polish, perfumes, and some other decorative items.

Most of my makeup itself is kept in two open fabric-lined divided trays that I got at HomeGoods for a few dollars each. Everything is out in the open so it is easy to see and access.

Then I have a vintage style tin with a design of cherubs on the top. Inside this tin are a bunch of 1mL glass vials for storing sample-size eyeshadows from Shiro Cosmetics.

My makeup brushes are in a bamboo organizer that I got at the Container Store, which is placed inside an open fabric-lined bin. This area also contains my daily sunscreen/moisturizer, lip balm with SPF, eye primer, etc.

Overall my makeup collection is a manageable size, not like those massive Youtuber collections. Although I do have a decent variety of eyeshadows, lipsticks, and blushes, I only have one BB cream, foundation, concealer, mascara, etc.

My skincare stuff other than my daily sunscreen/moisturizer is all kept in our medicine cabinet, along with my Tangle Teezer hairbrush. Once again everything gets used regularly and I don't keep stuff just lying around.

As for everything else...perfumes are in a small repurposed jewelry box (I only buy rollerball sizes). Nail polish is in a small Caboodles box that I've had since I was a kid. I also have a shelf under my nightstand that stores my makeup mirror, nail/brow tools (mostly stored in an eyeglass case), and brush drying holder.

Trusted Contributor

I have way too much stuff on my counter but it's just me that has to look at it. I do keep my makeup in a cosmetic bag but I have more skincare products than makeup. I have a small counter though so I just live with it. Keeping it all out I use it as I am supposed too.
Esteemed Contributor

I keep my skincare that I use in a blue plastic rectangular bucket that has a handle. That and the other things I use are on a shelf above the bathroom sink I have a rotating makeup brush holder on that shelf and a lipstick holder. Then on the counter is a wooden stationary organizer with 2 drawers. The foundation and concealer makeup is in the dividers on the top of the organizer along with the eye and brow makeup pencils, mascara, and eye and nail tools.

The 2 drawers in the organizer have the blush and bronzer and the pots of concealer and brow gel.

All makeup I'm not using is kept downstairs in my beauty stash drawers. In the upstairs bedroom I also have Sterlite drawers that keep makeup brushes, and hair appliances.