Respected Contributor

What do you keep your makeup and skincare products in at home?

I try not to have too much clutter on the bathroom counter so I keep my skincare products in a small rectangular basket and my makeup in a cosmetic bag (that came with a Clinique gift with purchase) kept in a bathroom vanity drawer, out of sight.  When my sister-in-law saw this, she said it looked like I was visiting. Lol! Keeping a minimum amount of "stuff" on the counter also makes cleaning the bathroom easier. What do you all do?

Respected Contributor

Re: What do you keep your makeup and skincare products in at home?

I have mine in an 8 drawer Setralite unit by my vanity. It has my makeup and hair stuff. My brushes and frequently used products are on my vanity top in small boxes I picked up at Christmas time then wrapped with neutral contact paper. They are perfect for organizing them on my counter top and in my drawers. My brushes are in cups standing on their ends. I store my eye liners this way as well.
Respected Contributor

I keep my skin care on open shelves in the bath.  My make-up is in a cardboard box somewhat larger than a shoe box that housed something I bought from HSN.  Inside that is a smaller box that I use for my essential products.  I keep the box in a cabinet in the living room near the front door.  I just take them out and put my make-up on at the window in the hall (it's stained glass, so no one can see me), and then put the box back.

Respected Contributor

Oh yeah... I forgot to mention my makeup brushes. They're standing in a tall glass at one end of the rectangular basket that holds my skincare products.

Honored Contributor

I'm into creative storage.Woman LOLWoman EmbarassedWoman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I keep my makeup in a makeup bag & I put it in the draw when I am not using it .... my facial cleansers, toothpaste, toothbrush also go in the drawer after I am done with them ... I do not like clutter on my  bathroom vanity .... all I leave on the vanity counter is a bottle of hand soap & a hand towel.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'm into creative storage.Woman LOLWoman EmbarassedWoman LOL

Do share! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse,

Mostly comes down to where ever I can find room for all of it. This is what I call getting creative...LOL!Woman LOL

Regular Contributor

All my stuff is stored spread out all over the sink counter Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

I don't like a lot of bottles and "stuff" on the bathroom counter.   Most of my goodies are housed on a 5 shelf wrought iron bakers rack.   I have a small "chest of drawers" on the bakers rack, with each drawer being about 1 1/2 inches deep and about 18 inches wide.  One drawer has all my lipsticks, balms and other lip products lined up so I can see them all at a glance.  

The second drawer has all my foundations, concealers, puffs and brushes, etc etc.

The third drawer has all the eye goodies ......  mascara, pencils, shadows, etc etc plus the brushes I use for these products.

The fourth has all the other brushes, Q-tips, and other applicators.  The miscellaneous stuff.

Everything is at my fingertips, yet out of sight when I'm not putting on my makeup.