Super Contributor

Re: What a nice gesture from HSN, wish QVC would do things like this once in awhile

I apologize since I have not read the entire thread, but I was pleasantly surprised to find some samples with my last Q order. I bought some beauty items when they had quite a few things with featured prices that were ending that night. I bought a Strivectin kit and got 3 samples with the order:a packet of IT BBUE, Strivectin sample, and a generous Wen sample that was 2 ounces! I don't think I ever received samples with any orders from the Q before, thought it was very nice and was unexpected. I did spent several hundreds within a few days thoughSmiley Happy
Super Contributor

Re: What a nice gesture from HSN, wish QVC would do things like this once in awhile

On 2/7/2015 ginabfly said:

That is nice! I love HSN. I'm not at all impressed with QVC's shipping change, do they really think it's a deal that we can't get any discounts on shipping now?

I was just thinking the same thing! I ordered 2 of the same items and each one cost $3.00. It would be a good deal if it was a bigger beauty item I guess.
Super Contributor

I have to say I order very little on qvc or hsn, but when I do order from hsn, within a month I get a $10.00 off coupon. Very rarely do I use it, but I did use it today on WP waffle maker. Even though it is a ploy to get you to order more, it is still a nice gesture I think.

Super Contributor

On 2/7/2015 beauty-junkie said:

That is nice! I love HSN. I'm not at all impressed with QVC's shipping change, do they really think it's a deal that we can't get any discounts on shipping now?

I was just thinking the same thing! I ordered 2 of the same items and each one cost $3.00. It would be a good deal if it was a bigger beauty item I guess.

I ordered 2 pairs of the Skecher's TSV's with a total shipping charge of $10. Any other website would offer free shipping for spending that much.

Super Contributor

I ordered 2 pairs of the Skecher's TSV's with a total shipping charge of $10. Any other website would offer free shipping for spending that much.

I did too! I looked at my order and it was almost $11.00 for the s/h. I do like the shoes though, got coral and brown.
Frequent Contributor

On 2/5/2015 millieshops said:

I understand it will make lots of people happy - especially the people at HSN because if a thousand people accept the gift, they rake in an easy $20,000 even if people spend exactly 30 although that's really unlikely.

Yes - it's nice, but no they didn't do it to be nice - they did it to make money. And if they sent out just 10 million of those offers - they''' more likely be expecting between 3 and 4 million or more from that offer. Neat deal!

Exactly. The intent of the gesture is often more important than the gesture itself. I don't think if a drug dealer gave coupons for the next sale people would be talking bout what a great guy he is.

Respected Contributor

On 2/7/2015 Rabid1 said:
On 2/5/2015 millieshops said:

I understand it will make lots of people happy - especially the people at HSN because if a thousand people accept the gift, they rake in an easy $20,000 even if people spend exactly 30 although that's really unlikely.

Yes - it's nice, but no they didn't do it to be nice - they did it to make money. And if they sent out just 10 million of those offers - they''' more likely be expecting between 3 and 4 million or more from that offer. Neat deal!

Exactly. The intent of the gesture is often more important than the gesture itself. I don't think if a drug dealer gave coupons for the next sale people would be talking bout what a great guy he is.

That's a great comparison.

Honored Contributor

On 2/7/2015 poppinfresh said:

I have to say I order very little on qvc or hsn, but when I do order from hsn, within a month I get a $10.00 off coupon. Very rarely do I use it, but I did use it today on WP waffle maker. Even though it is a ploy to get you to order more, it is still a nice gesture I think.

Exactly! If you are going to buy something anyway, it is always appreciated to save a little money! I know I will be buying more Tweak-d anyway and this will save me money on it.

Honored Contributor

I did too! I looked at my order and it was almost $11.00 for the s/h. I do like the shoes though, got coral and brown.

and if the size isn't right, you will have to pay for returning shipping AND lose out on your $11 and I am sure then pay another $3 to ship the new size- that will get pricey quickly!

Super Contributor

HappyDaze, your right, it would be very pricey if they didn't fit. I read some reviews and luckily picked the right size. I really love how HSN offers discount on shipping and coupon codes, I can't pass up a coupon or good dealSmiley Happy