Respected Contributor

Re: What a nice gesture from HSN, wish QVC would do things like this once in awhile

HSN also sometimes has offers thru Mr. Rebates for 20% off a purchase of $50. At least, I remember seeing this offer several times. I don't recall seeing offers like this on Mr. Rebates for QVC.

Super Contributor

Re: What a nice gesture from HSN, wish QVC would do things like this once in awhile

HSN knows how far good marketing to consumers goes.... coupons, discounts, games to win gift cards and prizes give the consumer a good feeling.

QVC is selfish and piggy... they offer NOTHING.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Respected Contributor

On 2/5/2015 HappyDaze said:
On 2/5/2015 NYC Susan said:

I was a very loyal QVC shopper for many, many years. The only thing I ever got was an EZ Pay offer on my birthday. Once.

IMO, EZ Pay is not much of a "gift". I think free shipping or a percentage off would have been much nicer. EZ Pay is not of much value to me. If I can't afford to pay the entire cost now, then I can't afford the item. Stretching out payments doesn't appeal to me. IMO it's an incentive for people to buy things they can't currently afford, so I never saw it as suitable for a gift.

Yes, I know that people use it and love it for various reasons. But my point is that I was extremely loyal to QVC for a very long time and spent a lot of money, yet I never once received anything other than that.

Companies I barely do business with send me meaningful offers on my birthday and coupons redeemable for small gifts. I feel absolutely no loyalty to QVC because they've never once made me feel valued as a customer. I don't expect things to ever change because as people become disillusioned and move on, there will always be new customers to take our places.

Great post and very disappointing to hear. I too think you should copy and paste this on the Qtalk forum, even though it will probably fall on deaf ears.

I too don't find easy pays as any kind of incentive. I think for some people, it causes them to overspend beyond their means.

I agree. Easy pay is not a gift. It is debt and an incentive to overspend.

Super Contributor

I got one too!!! I ordered the Too Faced special on Beauty Day - first thing I ever ordered from HSN. I may have to go over and just look to see if there is anything I'm interested in. Mine was to be shipped UPS Surepost but UPS already had a package to deliver to my house (from Q) so they delivered it and I got it early.

I've got the easy pays on demand from Q - or whatever they are called - but I'll take the $$ off instead.

Esteemed Contributor

I've shopped with HSN since the 80s, and never received a coupon which I can actually use. Please read the fine print on HSN coupons. Most of the time they are for "new" customers only. That has been the case when there has been one enclosed with an order or my cable bill.

Super Contributor

On 2/6/2015 Trix said:

I've shopped with HSN since the 80s, and never received a coupon which I can actually use. Please read the fine print on HSN coupons. Most of the time they are for "new" customers only. That has been the case when there has been one enclosed with an order or my cable bill.

Trix they email me coupons often... why you never have gotten one is a question. I also get to use coupons occasionally whey I order through eBates.

Super Contributor

The $10 coupons are nice. There are many who believe coupons "cheapen" an organization (like restaurants) and don't go that route. In this day and age, I think it's foolish for a retailer not to offer coupons. Everyone else does!

I recently purchased a pair of sandals for $15.99 that QVC is currently selling for $49! (The site had a sale and I used a coupon code.) Eventually their pricing policies will hurt the Q. It has to! They used to be a unique type of retailer. Now there are thousands to chose from.

Respected Contributor

They're not doing it to be ""nice."" They want to keep your interest up. And it works too! I just used one to buy a sweater.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, I think they did it to be "nice." Granted, HSN will make a few extra bucks off the deal, but it would make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside if I got a $10 coupon. I wouldn't feel obligated to use it, but it would make me feel good to receive it. Congratulations Happy Daze (and Hfpint)!

The only thing I ever got from QVC was once years ago I got an easy-pay-on-demand offer. I don't use easy-pay, so it was wasted on me.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

....it's the sign of a company that is trying to drum up business. If you like your $10 gift so much, you should go onto their board and express your appreciation. And, if HSN appeals to you more, shop there. It's ok. QVC doesn't care....lol