Super Contributor

Re: What a nice gesture from HSN, wish QVC would do things like this once in awhile

On 2/5/2015 Buck-i-Nana said:

It is a nice gesture, one that I'm guessing is in hopes of getting you to shop more frequently than you have to date. QVC does something similar in sending easy-pay on demand cards to some customers. I've been a long time, very good customer, of both the Q and HSN and have NEVER gotten either a random coupon or an e-p on demand. Kind of leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth to be honest.

I have never received anything from QVC, other than the odd sample of perfume with an order and I orderED there a great deal. I did get a 15% off coupon the first time I made a purchase from HSN and I rarely shop there. I think they are trying to attract new buyers.

Trusted Contributor

Re: What a nice gesture from HSN, wish QVC would do things like this once in awhile

Once in a blue moon, I receive an easy pay offer in an email , from QVC. {#emotions_dlg.bored} Just this week, I received a $10 off $20 purchase from HSN. Also , once won a $100 gift card.

I surely have no problem finding a use for $10 off $20! If nothing else, I can always use another lipstick, more hangers, or perfume. I really appreciate being "appreciated." {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Esteemed Contributor

I was a very loyal QVC shopper for many, many years. The only thing I ever got was an EZ Pay offer on my birthday. Once.

IMO, EZ Pay is not much of a "gift". I think free shipping or a percentage off would have been much nicer. EZ Pay is not of much value to me. If I can't afford to pay the entire cost now, then I can't afford the item. Stretching out payments doesn't appeal to me. IMO it's an incentive for people to buy things they can't currently afford, so I never saw it as suitable for a gift.

Yes, I know that people use it and love it for various reasons. But my point is that I was extremely loyal to QVC for a very long time and spent a lot of money, yet I never once received anything other than that.

Companies I barely do business with send me meaningful offers on my birthday and coupons redeemable for small gifts. I feel absolutely no loyalty to QVC because they've never once made me feel valued as a customer. I don't expect things to ever change because as people become disillusioned and move on, there will always be new customers to take our places.

Honored Contributor

I understand it will make lots of people happy - especially the people at HSN because if a thousand people accept the gift, they rake in an easy $20,000 even if people spend exactly 30 although that's really unlikely.

Yes - it's nice, but no they didn't do it to be nice - they did it to make money. And if they sent out just 10 million of those offers - they''' more likely be expecting between 3 and 4 million or more from that offer. Neat deal!

Super Contributor

On 2/5/2015 NYC Susan said:

I was a very loyal QVC shopper for many, many years. The only thing I ever got was an EZ Pay offer on my birthday. Once.

IMO, EZ Pay is not much of a "gift". I think free shipping or a percentage off would have been much nicer. EZ Pay is not of much value to me. If I can't afford to pay the entire cost now, then I can't afford the item. Stretching out payments doesn't appeal to me. IMO it's an incentive for people to buy things they can't currently afford, so I never saw it as suitable for a gift.

Yes, I know that people use it and love it for various reasons. But my point is that I was extremely loyal to QVC for a very long time and spent a lot of money, yet I never once received anything other than that.

Companies I barely do business with send me meaningful offers on my birthday and coupons redeemable for small gifts. I feel absolutely no loyalty to QVC because they've never once made me feel valued as a customer. I don't expect things to ever change because as people become disillusioned and move on, there will always be new customers to take our places.

I am in the same position and entirely agree! HD posted her thread on QTalk as well and I think you should post this on there. I know they look at the suggestion box.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/5/2015 millieshops said:

I understand it will make lots of people happy - especially the people at HSN because if a thousand people accept the gift, they rake in an easy $20,000 even if people spend exactly 30 although that's really unlikely.

Yes - it's nice, but no they didn't do it to be nice - they did it to make money. And if they sent out just 10 million of those offers - they''' more likely be expecting between 3 and 4 million or more from that offer. Neat deal!

Yes, of course companies provide incentives so they can make money.

But if they can do that and also make customers feel appreciated, I have no problem with it. There's nothing wrong with a win/win, and smart companies know that.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/5/2015 Crisso said:

I am in the same position and entirely agree! HD posted her thread on QTalk as well and I think you should post this on there. I know they look at the suggestion box.

Thanks - I might do that if I have time later.

I have actually posted my thoughts about this several times over a period of many years. Nothing changes, and - as I said - I don't expect it to. QVC has no reason to change what they're doing, so they won't. And so I have taken my business elsewhere.

I'm sorry you're in the same position. It seems that some QVC customers get good incentives from time to time, and the rest of us get pretty much nothing. Not good CS, and certainly not good PR.

Honored Contributor

But if they can do that and also make customers feel appreciated, I have no problem with it. There's nothing wrong with a win/win, and smart companies know that.

Agree, none of us are fooling ourselves and thinking they did it solely to be nice and that it does not benefit the company in anyway. Like NYC Susan said, it is a win/win for both customer and company and I don't begrudge a company for wanting to make money and bring in more customers.

The other point is, I don't try to find something to buy just because I have a coupon but will certainly use a coupon if I am going to buy something anyway, which I am.

Honored Contributor

Great post and very disappointing to hear. I too think you should copy and paste this on the Qtalk forum, even though it will probably fall on deaf ears.

I too don't find easy pays as any kind of incentive. I think for some people, it causes them to overspend beyond their means.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/5/2015 HappyDaze said:

Agree, none of us are fooling ourselves and thinking they did it solely to be nice and that it does not benefit the company in anyway. Like NYC Susan said, it is a win/win for both customer and company and I don't begrudge a company for wanting to make money and bring in more customers.

The other point is, I don't try to find something to buy just because I have a coupon but will certainly use a coupon if I am going to buy something anyway, which I am.

Exactly!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad