Honored Contributor
On 12/6/2014 bebe777 said: gf was here, and HappyDaze, I think you're going to be happy. Just sayin'... -- bebeSmiley Wink
Say what???? What do you mean??? What did I miss? Miss you around bebe. Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

I buckled and bought the OTO!

Can't have too much Wen, right?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor
On 12/6/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 12/6/2014 bebe777 said: gf was here, and HappyDaze, I think you're going to be happy. Just sayin'... -- bebeSmiley Wink
Say what???? What do you mean??? What did I miss? Miss you around bebe. Smiley Happy
Hi HD, thanks and I've missed chatting with you too. Sorry for the late reply. gf had posted that the 3-pc WWC set would be an OTO. I thought I had seen a post from you saying that you had wanted to purchase it. But since webbie kept pooling GF's posts I was trying to leave some cryptic posts about this OTO. You know, the usual drill. -- bebeSmiley Happy
Honored Contributor
On 12/6/2014 HonnyBrown said:

I buckled and bought the OTO!

Can't have too much Wen, right?

HoneyBrown, lol absolutely!!! I feel the exact same way about the December Seasonal TSVsSmiley Wink btw which OTO did you go for?
Super Contributor
On 12/6/2014 aprimo said:

Well, I was bad last night. I had already ordered the TSV Classics AD and then last night I broke down and ordered the TSV Seasonals AD too. I had been staying away from the seasonals because they are soy-based and I had been trying hard to eliminate my soy intake for health reasons. However, my new doctor says he doesn't believe that will make a difference in my particular case. I'm not going to wildly start ignoring the soy content in my food, but I figure I can relax enough to use it in my hair products.

I have been using WEN for several years, but didn't completely abandon regular shampoo until a year or two ago. I have very oily hair (especially in the HOT HOT summers here) and I just didn't get that the key to removing all that oil with WEN was using a lot more of the product. I've got that more under control now. I tried the TT oil a few months ago and I like that (need to use it more often).

A couple of weeks ago I finally tried using one pump of the CC as a leave-in and I was amazed with the results! I couldn't believe that it not only didn't weigh down my hair or make me have to wash again sooner. But I think it actually allowed me to go longer between washes. And my hair looked shinier (in a good way). So I think I'm in now. I ordered several of the accessory products during the BF sale and I can't wait for them to get here to try them. I also think I need to try to adjust my schedule so that I can have time to repeat the CC when I wash. I'm always running too late for that in the morning, so I may have to try evening showering instead.

As a major oily hair person, I have always kind of felt like a redheaded stepchild in WEN world. But I'm slowly finding my niche.

aprimo, I'm so glad you are working towards being fully WEN - it really does make a difference. When I started using WEN several years ago, I had extremely oily hair and scalp and WEN has normalized my hair. WEN cleanses without stripping so your scalp will gradually stop over-producing the oil. It may take a couple of weeks, but you will start to see a difference in your oil production, you've already seen a change. The TT oil really speeds up the process.

If you can do the two cleanses, it does make a difference, and doesn't take much more time, really. The first cleanse, really concentrate on your scalp and if you use styling products, work it through your hair, then rinse it off without letting it set. Then for your second cleanse, work it more through the length of your hair and let it sit for the rest of your shower. Remember, divide the amount you are supposed to use in half and add water to make it froth up. Doing the double cleanses that way, it rinses out faster. Try it one morning, you might be surprised that it really doesn't take more than a minute or so longer.

Don't feel like a WEN stepchild - it really works so well on oily hair. And glad to see you trying the other products. You'll really see great results!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

HI Aprimo, yes "surrendering to the WEN"(lol) really works. I see a lot of people who mix different lines and there are different strokes for different folks, but I feel bad for those who don't try using only WEN and think it doesn't work for them. Depending on your hair, mixing lines doesn't work for some people. There are tons of oily girls or formerly oily girls on the Forum to give you tips.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the encouragement okiebug and Kjelle. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I am going to try harder to do the WEN thing right because I think it will make a difference. I am so not a morning person--I just can't get it together. So I'm going to try evenings. The reason I started with the morning showers in the first place was because of my oily hair. I think it may have been years ago when I had bangs. Sitting on my forehead, they would soak up the oil from my face overnight. I wanted other people to see my hair look nice for a few hours, not just me and my cat!

Honored Contributor
aprimo, welcome to the Wen forum and the wonderful world of Wen!! okiebug and Kjelle have given you great Wen tips. I was hesitant about going all Wen because my scalp was like an oil slick. Pre-wen I hadvto wash my hair every morning because my hair would slick up inside of 18 hours. Once I started using wen, I started to notice that my scalp was slowly rebalancing itself. After 3-4 months I could go 2-3 days between cleansings. -- Two years into using Wen I started adding overnight oil scalp treatments (using either wen oils, or my own homemade version). These days I can go 3-4 days between cleansings. I'll move up two good Wen oil threads do that you can look through them. Best of luck!!! -- bebeSmiley Happy
Trusted Contributor
On 12/6/2014 bebe777 said: aprimo, welcome to the Wen forum and the wonderful world of Wen!! okiebug and Kjelle have given you great Wen tips. I was hesitant about going all Wen because my scalp was like an oil slick. Pre-wen I hadvto wash my hair every morning because my hair would slick up inside of 18 hours. Once I started using wen, I started to notice that my scalp was slowly rebalancing itself. After 3-4 months I could go 2-3 days between cleansings. -- Two years into using Wen I started adding overnight oil scalp treatments (using either wen oils, or my own homemade version). These days I can go 3-4 days between cleansings. I'll move up two good Wen oil threads do that you can look through them. Best of luck!!! -- bebeSmiley Happy

Thanks bebe! I have gradually worked up to going about three days in the winter between cleanses without looking totally greasy. In the summer it can be less than that when it's really hot out. I frankly don't know if it's due to the WEN, or my hormones and thyroid issues. But I do think my hair looks better now that I've started using more of the CC, leaving it in longer and rinsing longer. And I liked the results from the oil and using the CC as a leave-in. So I'm going to try harder to follow the program and see what happens.

Super Contributor

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII LADIES!

I was at a holiday party and had to sneak into a corner to order the OTO's on my phone! OMG I have been waiting for that Mousse/VTS OTO forever! Since APRIL when it first leaked actually! Locked that baby in on auto delivery and on easy pays! Oh yeahhhh!

Also got the WWC trio, I am soooo excited to try it! I LOVE FGP and have been waiting for a citrus Wen so the idea of the citrus with the cedarwood oil too... OMG I may just faint... backhand to forehead style you know....

Pretty annoyed that I didn't get a shipping discount as per usual when you buy multiple Wen items though... anybody else notice that? I came home and tried to order online and same issue, so it wasn't a phone thing.

UMMM YUMMM at all the Wen Men on the shows now... wink wink Smiley Wink