Regular Contributor

Vintage Tova question...thank you!

okay for ladies who loved old tova...does anyone know or remember did the original square bottles have a gold stripe around on the lower lid?   the reason I'm asking is I've been looking at used tova on ebay.   I've noticed they are both ways..and they both say beverly hills CA on the bottom of bottle (which is good) instead of the QVC info. on the bottom.      also I should note that tova has allready said that ebay tova..even the real deal isn't any good anymore..because it's too old.     thanks for any info. on that stripe..

Respected Contributor

Re: Vintage Tova question...thank you!

I was a Tova user since the beginning.  I could be wrong, since it's been SO LONG, but I don't recall the gold stripe on the bottom of the lid.  I just remember a frosted like glass and a black top.  That was at the VERY BEGINNING before all the fancy bottles.

Hopefully someone else will respond.

Regular Contributor

thanks for your response.  both bottles are like you say square, frosted, black lid...   I hate get to get ripped off on ebay and have allready once Smiley Sad  smelled like the cheapest most awful thing ever.

Respected Contributor

@sophiamaria2wrote:

thanks for your response.  both bottles are like you say square, frosted, black lid...   I hate get to get ripped off on ebay and have allready once Smiley Sad  smelled like the cheapest most awful thing ever.

@sophiamaria2  I was addicted to the original Tova and would pay plenty to get it back.  I got compliments every single day, and even from complete strangers.  If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't get it.   I wouldn't trust anything out there at this point.  It's sadly been WAY TOO LONG. 

Regular Contributor

I know you're right..it's just so darn sad!  even tova herself said it would be badIF it was even the real deal.. so I won't purchase anymore.   I hate when things are just gone Smiley Sad   why didn't someone warn us so we could have stocked up????   I would have hoarded for sure.     thanks again I appreciate it.

Frequent Contributor

Please explain, no more Tova?  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sophiamaria2

Yes, Vintage Tova had a black cap with a gold stripe at the bottom. I still have a Vintage Tova, mostly gone. When I opened the cap, there is no rancid odor at all.

But alas! Vintage Tova is long gone! I still haven't found a scent that I love, like I did Vintage Tova.

Honored Contributor

I am SO frustrated with the perfume industry as a whole.... not just Tova.  

I have used Estee Lauder's ESTEE for over 35 years.  I always bought the Pure Fragrance Spray instead of the Super Cologne Spray in order to have the bottle with the most scented oil!  A couple of sprays of the Pure Fragrance and it lasted for hours and hours.  I had people stop me and ask what I was wearing.  THEN.... Estee dropped the Pure Fragrance spray and I started buying the Super Cologne and one morning on the way out the door DH asked if I still wore Estee.  I was floored.  It was then I realized that the new packaging (going from 2.0oz to 1.7oz) indicated that there were even more changes to Estee!  I bought it two more times but if DH couldn't tell I had it on only an hour after spraying, why buy it??  (Disclosure:  Nothinig wrong with DH's sniffer).  

So I decided on Chanel's Mademoiselle, expensive but I loved it.... same deal.  Doesn't last.... For the price of this one there should be a bit more essential oils.  If they had this one with more oils, I'd buy it.  So I'm out there looking for yet another fragrance with the rest of you and I'm pretty frustrated.  Woman Frustrated 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

@Q4uwrote:

I am SO frustrated with the perfume industry as a whole.... not just Tova.  

I have used Estee Lauder's ESTEE for over 35 years.  I always bought the Pure Fragrance Spray instead of the Super Cologne Spray in order to have the bottle with the most scented oil!  A couple of sprays of the Pure Fragrance and it lasted for hours and hours.  I had people stop me and ask what I was wearing.  THEN.... Estee dropped the Pure Fragrance spray and I started buying the Super Cologne and one morning on the way out the door DH asked if I still wore Estee.  I was floored.  It was then I realized that the new packaging (going from 2.0oz to 1.7oz) indicated that there were even more changes to Estee!  I bought it two more times but if DH couldn't tell I had it on only an hour after spraying, why buy it??  (Disclosure:  Nothinig wrong with DH's sniffer).  

So I decided on Chanel's Mademoiselle, expensive but I loved it.... same deal.  Doesn't last.... For the price of this one there should be a bit more essential oils.  If they had this one with more oils, I'd buy it.  So I'm out there looking for yet another fragrance with the rest of you and I'm pretty frustrated.  Woman Frustrated 

@Q4u Supposedly the government banned certain ingredients that used to be allowed in purfumes and used in so many of them.  I understand that almost all fragrances no longer smell like the original because of this.... and, also don't have the staying power that they once did. 

Trusted Contributor

@nyc1wrote:

@Q4u Supposedly the government banned certain ingredients that used to be allowed in purfumes and used in so many of them.  I understand that almost all fragrances no longer smell like the original because of this.... and, also don't have the staying power that they once did. 

Sad but true. So disappointing to have no staying power. These days I find Givenchy to have some of the best staying power.