Honored Contributor

Tonni Brattin charges 20% restocking fee

I ordered 3 things from her website...not on black friday-the day after-well anyway-hate the pieces-they were matted and not nice-so to return you have to pay a 20% restocking fee.

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

Re: Tonni Brattin charges 20% restocking fee

@catlover

Thank you for the heads up! I've never ordered from them, but I sure won't now!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I knew about that when I ordered from her site. But the piece I wanted was sold only on her site and I wanted to try it. I ended up returning it and it was worth the 20% to try. Plus I got my return postage back because I used PayPal to make my purchase. 

Wig shops around here will not accept returns. They treat their wigs as if they were a hygiene thing, like underwear.

Honored Contributor

I knew that but I don't know why I knew that.

Respected Contributor

Maybe it's because they have to clean it before they can resell it (?)

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMG_0135.JPGRestocking fees for returns of wigs are common.  People would order a ton of wig to try on and return them.  Worn or tried on wigs are usually sold at a discount and considered used.

Many retailers do not allow wigs to be returned unless they sent the wrong item and it wasn't tried on.

I have the wig shown above in the color shown, I love it.   It's made by Rene of Paris

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered two of her pieces several years ago. The colors did match my hair at all in the daylight and  then I read her clips break. Returned.

Honored Contributor

I have worn wigs for years.  Most wig companies online do charge a stocking fee.  Some will wave that fee if you exchange the wig instead of just return it.