Honored Contributor

Re: Tomei Thomas and Beekman 1802

@cotto22 wrote:

I got stiffed from Evine recently on a return/exchange on a Beekman soap and hand ceam set that was damaged in delivery. Because I had used a promo coupon, they said it was actually free, and only returned my shipping charge. I had bought two, used a $25 off of $50 coupon, and since the kits were $25, the one I returned was considered free. I about blew a gasket. The irony in the situation was that the promo coupon was because I had not shopped their in quite a while. I think that backfired on them, since I won't be shopping there in a very long time. 

Has anyone bought any Beekman products from Target? Supposedly some Targets carry some of the products.

@cotto22  My understanding is that Target only carries Beekman food type products, not any of the bath & body stuff.  I'd like to try their pasta sauce, but it's something like $8/jar, which it ridiculous.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nycgrl wrote:

I spoke to him on the phone, he requested my address which I provided and told me he'd send me some "scented" wipes.  I received nothing.  That was more than 3 weeks ago.  My issue as I've stated on this board before is don't promise something and not deliver.  Why ask for my address and take the time to speak to me?  I will speak with my wallet.  That was my first Beekman purchase and it is my last because of Tomei Thomas

@nycgrl  The Boys are very active on Facebook.  If you feel that strongly, you need to tell them.  I'd hate for you to give up on the brand/company for one bad experience with an employee. TT's performance, or lack thereof, speaks more of him than the products.  I believe Josh and Brent are sincere.  They can't do everything and have put other people in position of trust as representatives of the company.  Yes, Tomei has come up short, but that doesn't mean the products are substandard.  I hope you'll reconsider trying some other products at some point.

Valued Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@cotto22 wrote:

I got stiffed from Evine recently on a return/exchange on a Beekman soap and hand ceam set that was damaged in delivery. Because I had used a promo coupon, they said it was actually free, and only returned my shipping charge. I had bought two, used a $25 off of $50 coupon, and since the kits were $25, the one I returned was considered free. I about blew a gasket. The irony in the situation was that the promo coupon was because I had not shopped their in quite a while. I think that backfired on them, since I won't be shopping there in a very long time. 

Has anyone bought any Beekman products from Target? Supposedly some Targets carry some of the products.

@cotto22  My understanding is that Target only carries Beekman food type products, not any of the bath & body stuff.  I'd like to try their pasta sauce, but it's something like $8/jar, which it ridiculous.

Thanks, I did not know that! I wouldn't pay $8 for pasta sauce either. Wish the body stuff were at Target instead. Shoot. Woman Sad

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@nycgrl wrote:

I spoke to him on the phone, he requested my address which I provided and told me he'd send me some "scented" wipes.  I received nothing.  That was more than 3 weeks ago.  My issue as I've stated on this board before is don't promise something and not deliver.  Why ask for my address and take the time to speak to me?  I will speak with my wallet.  That was my first Beekman purchase and it is my last because of Tomei Thomas

@nycgrl  The Boys are very active on Facebook.  If you feel that strongly, you need to tell them.  I'd hate for you to give up on the brand/company for one bad experience with an employee. TT's performance, or lack thereof, speaks more of him than the products.  I believe Josh and Brent are sincere.  They can't do everything and have put other people in position of trust as representatives of the company.  Yes, Tomei has come up short, but that doesn't mean the products are substandard.  I hope you'll reconsider trying some other products at some point.

@JeanLouiseFinch Unfortunately I am not on facebook or I'd be hanging with all of you on the dazzlers FB. I had to pull my page down for personal reasons. Hoping maybe someone from their marketing department will be checking the blogs, or possibly one of the ladies here who are on FB will let the Beekman Boys know what happened to quite a few of us.  I'd like to think they have integrity but personally they have grown so quickly that I get the feeling that they may not be as sincere as they'd like us to believe. 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@butterfly123 wrote:

Did anyone who contacted Beekman about the smelly towelettes receive the replacement items promised?  I have not received anything.

TIA

@butterfly123 

Funny you should mention this.  I've been getting the runaround for a few weeks and finally received a "gift" yesterday, but not what was originally promised to me.  Now I feel sort of stupid and greedy for chasing it down.  I should have just let it go and saved myself the frustration. 

Here's my story.  I returned my Pure Goats Milk TTV.  I can't say my wipes smelled sour, as some have described it, but something wasn't right and I didn't like the smell of what they called "unscented", so much so with the wipes that I didn't even open the soap - sent it all back.  At first, I thought I'd just end up eating the return shipping, but then more and more reports were being posted about the scent.  Usually I accept the fact that I am obligated to pay the return shipping unless a product arrives broken or defective in some way but this situation bothered me somewhat.  Using the contact info on the Beekman website, I messaged them telling them how much I've enjoyed the products, what a great kit the Bounty Box was, etc.  I described my disappointment with the TTV, that I had to pay the return shipping and wouldn't be able to enjoy the value of that kit, etc.  This was on Sunday, Jan. 31st.  Tomei replied almost immediately and said he wanted to send me "some soaps and wipes" in my favorite scent or scents of my choice.  Then the runaround began.  Over a week later, Feb. 9th, I still hadn't received anything nor had I received any communication with shipping info.  I emailed Tomei asking for a tracking number and his reply was that my package would ship the following day, after which, he'd provide the tracking.  Four days later I still hadn't received the tracking number so I emailed again asking for it.  His reply was that he was on the road and didn't have access to it, but he assured me the package went out on Feb. 10th and I should receive it early this week.  Yesterday a package finally arrived, but it was only a 4 pack of Apricot Honey Tea wipes.  I don't mean to sound ungrateful, I like the wipes and love the AHT scent.  However, it was not exactly what Tomei promised, there was soap in the box.  I really like Beekman products, but IMO Tomei hasn't done The Boys any favors with this situation.  Consequently, a lot of people have been soured against the company now and that's too bad because overall their products are really good.  It was just a "miss" with one product, but some have lost confidence in the company's integrity.  

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I understand how some have lost confidence in the integrity of the company and I am undecided whether I will watch or order anything else.  The customers who received refunds were the lucky ones!  Evine needs to do their part for everyone who received 

soured product.

Occasional Visitor

Thank you Brandi, checked out Goat Milk Stuff, like their site, made an order, looking forward to it. I've been looking for exactly this type of smaller business to support. Excited to receive their soap. Always optimistic!

Respected Contributor

@Ogfray wrote:

Thank you Brandi, checked out Goat Milk Stuff, like their site, made an order, looking forward to it. I've been looking for exactly this type of smaller business to support. Excited to receive their soap. Always optimistic!

This is a great small business.  I like their soap better than Beekman.  I use their liquid concentrate in a foaming bottle and my hands stay so soft.  Everyone who comes over and uses it loves it.  ENJOY.

Respected Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

I'm finding the same thing.  Big promises, no delivery.  There was definitely something wrong with the wipes.  If they use a preservative that smells like that, I want nothing to do with this company.  Not to mention how dry they were.  Very bad customer service from both Beekman and Evine.  I will buy my goat milk soap from Goat Milk Stuff from now on. Family run with great products.  Less money as well.

I just got home from running errands and there was a box on my doorstep from Beekman.  I got replacements for the facial cleansing wipes and 1 bar of soap.  Certainly didn't expect to see these after all this time.  Very nice and will let Tomei know. 

Trusted Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

I'm finding the same thing.  Big promises, no delivery.  There was definitely something wrong with the wipes.  If they use a preservative that smells like that, I want nothing to do with this company.  Not to mention how dry they were.  Very bad customer service from both Beekman and Evine.  I will buy my goat milk soap from Goat Milk Stuff from now on. Family run with great products.  Less money as well.

I just got home from running errands and there was a box on my doorstep from Beekman.  I got replacements for the facial cleansing wipes and 1 bar of soap.  Certainly didn't expect to see these after all this time.  Very nice and will let Tomei know. 

I may have to eat my words, however, I do not believe in coincidences, but surprise, surprise - and a very pleasant one.  When I got home from work yesterday, there was a Fed Ex package from Beekman - shipped on the 22nd.   I am really glad they finally came through, and may reconsider my decision to never purchase from BB again.

Trusted Contributor

Target carries their food products. A couple of weeks ago they were 30% off so I bought salad dressing, honey rosemary mustard, & mild salsa. I haven't used the dressing yet but the salsa & the mustard are good.