Honored Contributor

Re: Thoughts on Carol's Daughter Monoi?

[ Edited ]

@Kabella,

I've been using the Giovanni brand...this one in particular. Organic, cru-free, sulf-free and parab-free. Using it for over a year. No build-up and it smells like peppermint. The conditioner foams up when you put in your hair...love this part! I love it so much that I buy it in the gallon sizes.HeartWoman Very Happy Reviews are stellar. Some websites sell the 2-oz trial sizes if you want to try them.

Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Poo and Cond - about $6-$7 per bottle most places

8780868.jpg

Honored Contributor

One of the worst group of products I ever used on my hair. Yes, it damaged it. Shame, because I remember when her line FIRST came out and it was AMAZING. 

Not anymore; at least not to me.

Respected Contributor

i used her Monoi duo and the first few times my hair looked great, but than as others have noted, my hair felt coated, turned dry and flyaway.   the conditioner is nice. i still have some of the Monoi strengthening serum . its heavy so i mix with other product like Living Proof

i have a set of sulfate free poo/cond  from Alba botanica "Hawaiian Gardenia"  and it's the same result on my hair, dry and flyaway.

Honored Contributor

I love the Monoi Anti-Breakage Spray, have been using it for several yeards now, and I also love the serum.....The Serum is much thicker than other serums I have used, so a tiny tiny bit works well for my shoulder length, fine hair.

Honored Contributor

@StillRachB

I think it all depends on whether it does anything for one's hair. I tried her Monoi products and another of her lines and neither did a thing for my hair. I'm no longer "allowed" to watch Carol's Daughter presentations because she'll probably convince me to try something else that won't do a thing for me.

Honored Contributor

It's ok. My hair was dry after using. If I add argan oil to the conditioner it works for me.

Honored Contributor

I tried a leave in treatment a couple of years ago. Did nothing for my extremely curly hair and it smelled awful!

Super Contributor

I think I'll skip it. Thanks for the feedback everyone!
Honored Contributor

Made my hair feel dry too. I haven't had much luck with Carol's Daughter hair prodcuts. 

Super Contributor

@StillRachB wrote:
Well priced set as the TS today. I'm on the fence. I have dry hair, somewhat fine but lots of it. Some breakage and thinning in front/top. I'd love to know your thoughts on the products in the set (shampoo/conditioner/oil.)

I wish they would make the Carol's Daughter Monoi Ora a TS, it's so much better!