Respected Contributor

The new Gel type polishes...warning!

I bought the Revlon's Gel Envy polishes and the Diamond top coat. After using for two or three weeks, the top layer of my nails is peeling off. In some places, my nails are paper thin. Horrible!

I also bought Avon's, but didn't use it yet. Now I don't think I will.

I don't know if it is just me or not.

Has anyone else had problems?

These are gel polishes that don't need a light to harden. The polish is wonderful. It stays on and is really hard. It doesn't chip off or wear off.

Too bad they didn't work for me.

Honored Contributor

Re: The new Gel type polishes...warning!

I have not had an issue with the faux gel polishes I have been using Vinyl lux since the late Winter I love the staying power of the polish

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

Hi Mima-

I have only tried the Avon and I haven't had any problems thus far. I know that there are many more brands out there now doing the vinyl-type polish, so I've only tried a tiny sampling.

Honored Contributor

Revlon Gel Envy did not harm my nails, but it not perform for me either. Chips galore!!!

Respected Contributor

I wonder why I had trouble? My nails were doing really good until I started using this product.

If I get brave, I guess I need to try the Avon. Maybe it is something in the Revlon polish I can't use.

Thanks for your comments.

Super Contributor

On 8/6/2014 Shelbelle said:

Revlon Gel Envy did not harm my nails, but it not perform for me either. Chips galore!!!

Same for me. Also, I'm not a fan of that double brush and all three colors I got were really thick.

I haven't tried Avon.

Honored Contributor

mima, It may be a good idea to contact Revlon. They usually send out coupons. Give your nails a rest if they were peeling like applying argan oil or some other oil to them.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

On 8/6/2014 mima said:

I wonder why I had trouble? My nails were doing really good until I started using this product.

If I get brave, I guess I need to try the Avon. Maybe it is something in the Revlon polish I can't use.

If I may suggest using Hard As Hoofs Nail Cream sold at Walmart to get your nails back in good condition. I have not used Revlon's nor Avon's new gel polishes but I have been using this cream since March. It has made an amazing difference in my nails. It took about 3 wks for me to see an improvement. It is sold where the Sally Hansen products are sold. Walmart has been the only place that I have found it. It can also be used over nail polish.

Respected Contributor

On 8/6/2014 Tricolor said:
On 8/6/2014 mima said:

If I may suggest using Hard As Hoofs Nail Cream sold at Walmart to get your nails back in good condition. I have not used Revlon's nor Avon's new gel polishes but I have been using this cream since March. It has made an amazing difference in my nails. It took about 3 wks for me to see an improvement. It is sold where the Sally Hansen products are sold. Walmart has been the only place that I have found it. It can also be used over nail polish.

I will look for Hard as Hoofs Nail Cream. Sounds great and we do have a Walmart. Thanks!

Respected Contributor

All arylics and gels and anything artificial will do that.