Honored Contributor

and I had my stylist cut my hair in a shag and I absolutely love it.  I have super thick curly hair and its the perfect cut for my hair.

Yes, I had the shag back in the day too, I had very long hair then and I loved the cut back then too.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Always LOVED the shag!  Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie 

I would love to see how it turned out if you are comfortable posting a picture.  I have medium-thick (vs. super-thick) curly hair and would like to see it!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

Re: The Shag is back

[ Edited ]

Love the shag haircut!

Jane Fonda in 'Klute' modeled it beautifully, if my hair wasn't so straight I'd get it myself!

Super Seventies — Jane Fonda in ‘Klute’, 1971.

Honored Contributor

Glad you like your shag. My hair is way too thin for any layered cut.

Respected Contributor

What's old is new again! I'll take a pass on this one!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Frequent Contributor

@Ronettes wrote:

Love the shag haircut!

Jane Fonda in 'Klute' modeled it beautifully, if my hair wasn't so straight I'd get it myself!

I wore my hair just like this and one of my teachers called me Jane Fonda. About 25 years later I accompanied my friend to my old high school as he was enrolling his son in that same Hugh school and low and behold I saw a former teacher and he immediately recognized me said well look who it is! Jane Fonda! It was so fun to see that teacher again.  

BTW Ronettes, I have straight thin hair and it looked great, In fact my mom always thought it was the best way I ever wore my hair!   Maybe consult with your hair stylist to see what he or she thinks about it with your hair.  

Super Seventies — Jane Fonda in ‘Klute’, 1971.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie  - Please post a pic.  Would love to see it!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Kkins wrote:

I wore my hair just like this and one of my teachers called me Jane Fonda. About 25 years later I accompanied my friend to my old high school as he was enrolling his son in that same Hugh school and low and behold I saw a former teacher and he immediately recognized me said well look who it is! Jane Fonda! It was so fun to see that teacher again.  

That's nice that the teacher remembered you @Kkins aka Jane Fonda.  Smiley Happy    

Honored Contributor

Re: The Shag is back

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal @surferwife

I would not mind at all posting a pic, but I dont know how to post them on here.  Sorry.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)