Trusted Contributor

Re: The Hair Spoolies sold on EvineLive today

@hopi don't they leave a crease in your hair though?  If they are comfortable to sleep with they might work after showers at night.

Esteemed Contributor

@Suebdoo wrote:

@hopi don't they leave a crease in your hair though?  If they are comfortable to sleep with they might work after showers at night.

@Suebdoo

They do not crease the hair at all.  I actually wear them in the shower and wrap my head in a towel and can scrub my face, neck and shoulders and not totally ruin a hair style.  They are very comfortable to sleep in and you can position them away from the back of your head because it is so easy to wrap you hair around them.  Sometimes it only takes four of the middle size ones to do my whole head and my hair is shoulder length.

They are worth playing around with. Definitely cheap enough and you can pick it up locally.   My hair would tangle so easily on a humid night and this really helps.  It has a different effect than the scrunchie knot at the top of the head to save hair and not anywhere as tight. The satin makes a difference.

Trusted Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@Suebdoo wrote:

@Suebdoo

They do not crease the hair at all.  I actually wear them in the shower and wrap my head in a towel and can scrub my face, neck and shoulders and not totally ruin a hair style.  They are very comfortable to sleep in and you can position them away from the back of your head because it is so easy to wrap you hair around them.  Sometimes it only takes four of the middle size ones to do my whole head and my hair is shoulder length.

They are worth playing around with. Definitely cheap enough and you can pick it up locally.   My hair would tangle so easily on a humid night and this really helps.  It has a different effect than the scrunchie knot at the top of the head to save hair and not anywhere as tight. The satin makes a difference.

@hopi cool!  Worth trying ! I'm curious about the shower thing though.  You mean you just have the towel on your hair like an alternative to a shower cap?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hopi cool!  Worth trying ! I'm curious about the shower thing though.  You mean you just have the towel on your hair like an alternative to a shower cap?

@Suebdoo

I put a towel on my head like a twisty-turbo cap. Two shower caps that I will use is a satin shower cap or a plastic lined satin cap that to protect my hair from  the cotten from the towel so it does not damage the hair shaft and to help keep the moisture out.  I do not put my hair under the shower head.

If in a rush its just a towel.

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@Suebdoo wrote:

@Suebdoo

@hopi, what are those things called? They're not Spoolies, are they?

BTW, the scrunchie knot at the top of the head ("pineapple") doesn't work well for me either. In the morning when I remove it, my hair is still all directed upwards. And with my kind of hair, wherever it's directed, it wants to stay. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

BTW, the scrunchie knot at the top of the head ("pineapple") doesn't work well for me either. In the morning when I remove it, my hair is still all directed upwards. And with my kind of hair, wherever it's directed, it wants to stay. :-)

@suzyQ3

Bought mine from Walgreens over a year ago they are called HypeHair

It came in a plastic square container and had it seemed like about 30 different sized rollers. was on sale for probably around $6.

You need a variety of sizes to see what holds where.  Walgreens is having a hair care sale going on now.

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@suzyQ3

Bought mine from Walgreens over a year ago they are called HairHype.

It came in a plastic square container and had it seemed like about 30 different sized rollers. was on sale for probably around $6.

You need a variety of sizes to see what holds where.  Walgreens is having a hair care sale going on now.

@hopi, thank you.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@hopi, thank you.

@suzyQ3

Your welcome.

Honored Contributor

When I was little my Mom used these - but I wrapped my hair in strips of rags to curl it - then when I took it out I had big curls like Nellie Olson on Little House.I would brush & brush them to get them to soften and look pretty instead.Then a friend told me her mom used socks instead of rags and her hair was so pretty - so I started using my Dad's old socks. Much better.

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@Suebdoo wrote:

@Suebdoo

What is the scrunchie knot at the top of the head you are referring to? I'm not familiar with that method?