Super Contributor

Re: Thank you to those who recommended the Tassi!

Lordy, another product I absolutely need?!

Respected Contributor

On 8/6/2014 NickNack said:
On 8/6/2014 Shelbelle said:

I also wear my Tassi under my shower cap for double protection, works great. I usually get mine on ebay or amazon. the elastic will wear out, so you will need to replace them.

I wonder if the elastic on the old ones is better than the new ones. I've probably had mine for ten years (at least), and the elastic hasn't worn out.

Yes the newer ones are more cheaply made, but such a good design, I think it's worth it.

Super Contributor

Mine is probably 10+ yrs old and still going strong. I cannot be without it. If I go on vacation, it goes with me...overnight? it goes with me.

I forgot the name of it but since this thread was started, I think I'll order another set just to have them. I gave the zebra striped one to my sister who loves hers, too. This way I can rotate them.

And yes, I wear mine under my shower cap, too, for that extra protection!!!

TWO thumbs up!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

If you can sew, these are easy to make. You buy some terrycloth and elastic. I did buy the ones from QVC to have a pattern. Makes great gifts.

Super Contributor

On 8/6/2014 Shelbelle said:

I also wear my Tassi under my shower cap for double protection, works great. I usually get mine on ebay or amazon. the elastic will wear out, so you will need to replace them.

This is what happened to mine! The elastic has just stretched completely out. It is disappointing. I guess I need to throw them away. I think I have 3 or 4 of them. I threw one out already, but it was stained badly (proactiv).

Maybe it depends on how you wash them? I don't know, I just always washed mine with my towels and wash cloths and hand towels. Maybe you should hand wash them, that may make the elastic last longer.

I loved them while they worked. I've had mine for about 2 or 3 years. I can't really use them anymore, well I can but I have to use a plastic clip to hold them back, they fall in my face if I don't, because the elastic is shot. Oh well. Maybe the quality is better now with the newer ones.

Super Contributor

On 8/6/2014 Sister Golden Hair said:

If you can sew, these are easy to make. You buy some terrycloth and elastic. I did buy the ones from QVC to have a pattern. Makes great gifts.

That is a great idea, thank you. My DH's aunt sews. I bet if I take her one, she can make me some with a better quality elastic. Great idea thank you.

Honored Contributor

imaclotheshog, you are most welcome. There are some things that you can build a better mousetrapSmile

Super Contributor

Valued Contributor

I have been using mine for quite some time, maybe 5 years. These are a "10" and I highly recommend them as gifts. A very reasonable priced gift to boot!

Frequent Contributor

Hello,

I like the Tassi also - but mine also bit the dust - elastic died. I recently purchased the Turbi BAND (not the twist towel) - and it is very similar to tassi - about the same size and the wide width -- VERY easy and comfortable - but it has several rows of elastic across it - so it gives a nice "spa" kind of look from the 60s...at least that's what it reminded me of! (Tassi's are great -- but they do look goofy!) I bought it at ULTA for about $4.99. (also available online). I really like the Turbi-Band! (I may not have the name exactly right - but you can find on Ulta website...)