Honored Contributor

Wish we could see a pic.  I bet you look lovely @monicakm .  Best wishes to your friend turning 100!

Honored Contributor

@fbm8282lsm 

He didn't tell me about the attire and I was so surprised to hear from him I forgot to ask.  But I doubt it's anything fancy so I'm just wearing some black slacks and a flowy, layered and asymmetrical blue top.

Honored Contributor

LOVE the combination you put together!

Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@zitawins 

I'm sorry but I won't be sharing any photos.  I did that a couple of years ago with an eye look.  It got slammed here by those that don't like false lashes and complicated shadow looks or eye makeup at all.  It got rave reviews on a predominantly younger group but some ladies here felt the need to trash the look.  I've learned my lesson.  I'm on a couple of other forums where I can share looks

Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

I would love to know the name of the eyeshadow  please.

A word about negative posters.  Being behind a computer screen makes some people very rude.  They see things in one dimension and love to point out mistakes or anything overlooked.  They, apparently never make any kind of error. 

I see negative posts by the same posters over and over.

Like the ugly neighbor,  negative posters are something to ignore.  Negatively is like like black paint which gets all over you and spreads.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@monicakm 

I would love to know the name of the eyeshadow  please.

A word about negative posters.  Being behind a computer screen makes some people very rude.  They see things in one dimension and love to point out mistakes or anything overlooked.  They, apparently never make any kind of error. 

I see negative posts by the same posters over and over.

Like the ugly neighbor,  negative posters are something to ignore.  Negatively is like like black paint which gets all over you and spreads.

I understand @monicakm not wanting to share pics.  I also agree with @ECBG .  Some posters will post negative comments if what the person is wearing - makeup or clothes - is not what they would wear or what they think looks "right."  Don't love everything that I see re makeup or clothes but that doesn't give me the right to be rude or say mean, negative things.  I don't understand people who do that. 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

The eyeshadow palette is by Colourpop and called Blowin' Smoke.  I looked at a Natasha Denona 5 pan palette first and then checked out CP (I know, I banned CP a year ago).  

Yes,  being behind a keyboard gives people courage.  Those same people would never say those things if they were sitting across the table from you.  Even if someone isn't sitting across that table from me, I could never hurt people's feelings like that and it does hurt!  I'm not thick skinned.  I want to treat others the way I want to be treated.  It's just the way my momma raised me Smiley Happy  

Thank you @ECBG 

Valued Contributor

monicakm, sound like you will look beautiful from your hair to your toes. 

I do agree it's a shame you're hesitant to post a  picture, but fully understand it.  I have read some very mean and nasty remarks on these boards, as well as some that we very sweet and supportive. 

I  hope you have a wonderful time! 

My mother always used to say, pretty is as pretty does, and you are very pretty! 

Contributor

@Monican you must be icy cool in a color season to pull that kind of look off.  You should post a pic of yourself in this, please.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

What other beauty boards are there?  Like I really need yet another social site to participate on...LOL!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.