Trusted Contributor

@nyc1  Yes I know it comes down to individual preference. I do know what you mean about JM's oil being thicker whereas Tatcha's is very light. I like Tatcha. It is very nice and it feels good and the enzyme powder feels nice polishing your face but I think there are other camellia oils people on this board use that are less expensive and probably just as good. My skin is very dry and for some reason i just like Josie's but  everyone is different. Actually if you buy JM's oil & the exfoliating powder it comes to about the cost of Tatcha and they recently had a buy on get two recently. One thing is they do emulsify the makeup like magic. But you are right. Everyone has a different opinion. You almost have to just break down and try it. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Yeah, not impressed. I like Boots #7 Cleansing Oil better and the scrub is messy and I didnt find it any better than other less expensive scrubs. I used the cream for awhile but then went back to my Isomers Retiniacian.

Honored Contributor

If you're interested in the Tatcha cleansing rice powder, you might want to look at this $25-product sold on amazon. The reviews are very good.

Rice Bran Enzyme Powder - $25, amazon

81bwbkBidSL._SX425_.jpg

Respected Contributor

Tatcha is a high priced line; I have used travel sizes of the products, which are good.

I cant tolerate the camelia japonica oil-flares my rosacea. The sensitive grains and cleansing oil are excellent, however.

Go onto their website-travel sizes in most of the products to sample.

Trusted Contributor

@bargainsgirl

there will be a Tatcha TSV on June 2 but no info on what it will include.

Trusted Contributor

I have used sample of hand Cream and cleansing oil, they both were nice but not special enough for me to buy, very costly.

Frequent Contributor

I was not impressed with these products. You can find similar products elsewhere for much less money.

Trusted Contributor

TATCHA has many immitators and I've tried several of those endorsed by posters here.  Not one has proven TATCHA 's equal.  The camellia cleanser emulsifies better, rinses cleaner than Julep, Josie, Dr whatshername and the others Amazon offers.  It is surely a better purchase than the ridiculously expensive Micellar waters.  When I tried to recreate the camellia cleanser following the ingredient list I spent a fortune and still couldn't get it right.  Red Sea algae, silk are suspended in TATCHA and I couldn't reproduce the suspension without some scary chemical emulsifier.  

The enzyme polish is finer, less irritating yet effective. Fleur de Lis Naturals, Josie's, Philosophy products are gritty, abrasive.  You'll find many who still swear by apricot pit scrubs and Dermapeel but I find them too rough even for the body.

The last couple of times the cleanser and Enzyme polish were offered they half the original price which made them reasonable purchases for me.  The indigo cream and the silk moisturizer get good reviews but they're still inordinately costly IMO . But then the original 4 piece collection was $400.00. The packaging is exquisite but.......

In the end everyone will have their own unique views but I recommend trying th TATCHA cleansing duo.

Honored Contributor

I was interested in this line, since I lived in Japan. I used to use a really nice rice powder cleanser by Fresh, but they discontinued it. I've tried and tried to find something close to it, but I can't. This is OK, but it's really pricey, as most others have said. I use it only in the morning. I tried it when the Tatcha line first came to QVC. They had one formula. Now they have three, and none of them are the same as the original one. At least I don't think so. I like simple things. I don't want, or need, a complicated skin care line, and I don't want to pay a lot. Most of my products for skin care are Paula's choice, though I do like Josie's sunscreen. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I was born in Japan @beach-mom. My mother is Japanese from Kyoto. She taught me a lot about skincare. Where did you live while in Japan?