Regular Contributor

Stroke of Light + Well Rested loose!

I got a sample of SOL Luminous 2 from the boutique, and have been playing with it a bit, as I'm not that much into trying to "sculpt" my 53 year old face, lol, and anything that's too dark needs a more heavy duty concealer, not just a brightener.

First, if you use it under an eyecolor, it really brings out the iridescence ~ a foiled effect. With the matte shades I've tried, it brings out color: as in, Vanilla Sugar looked as peachy on my lid as it does in the pot, instead of a very pale cream.

I tried layering Bisque over the SOL to conceal in the inner corner & under the eye, and that was less effective than I'd hoped. The next time I tried mixing the two before applying, and it was not good.

Today I mixed Well Rested into the Stroke of Light (applying with the Sally Beauty Liner/Concealer Brush ~ the perfect size/shape for me), and It. Was. MAGICAL!!! WR has a bit of glimpsey luminosity to it, and the mix was opaque and Quite Brightening ~ held up well and still looked perfect, whereas the SOL alone or with Original Bisque darkened/faded away and did not look good.

The combination of SOL + WR also continued to make the eyeshadow pop on my eyelid. I apply the pale colors with my tiniest eyebrush now, so that I don't have wild glaring iridescence showing up anywhere other than just the inner lid. Scary otherwise, lol.

I know some of the ladies used to turn their pale glosses into more colorful shades by adding loose mineral blushes directly into the tube. I wonder if we could pour some Well Rested into our Stroke of Lights? With the tiny sample tube, I suppose I've got nothing to lose. Thoughts?