Honored Contributor

Shoppers have to make their own decisions, of course, but I have 8 EZPays going right now and will add 3 more in a few weeks when several of my AD's come in.  That's more than enough as far as I'm concerned. 

None of those EZPays are on the Q card.  Other than giving me EZP on everything else I might buy, I see no reason to have their card. 

Also, it's highly unlikely getting a Q card and using it responsibly will do anything except INCREASE your FICO by a point or two whereas missing a payment date on any card or other loan will ding your score for months.

Honored Contributor

SMH.  Where do people come up with these misconceptions (OP)???  And always a threat to leave.  Bye.

Honored Contributor

Like a child having a tt.

Respected Contributor

@HonestLife wrote:

I have been a customer since its inception. Only to learn that now I have to carry their credit card in order to receive easy pay is beyond my belief. I don't want a another credit card on my credit report. This was one of the reasons I loved QVC. It saddens me, but it is reality in today's world where your credit report can mean the difference between getting a loan, renting, buying a home, etc. I guess they, too, are eliminating the middle-class. Smiley Sad

I wish I had a dollar for every time I told my husband I was going to stop shopping here.  Companies often offer incentives like these to get you to buy and accrue interest charges.  If you watch QVC often or are on this website, you will see that they often offer easy pay for everyone.  It may only be for a few hours and you will see the notice at the top of the screen. Maybe you are just looking for a reason to quit QVC.  I don't shop as much here anymore except to buy my mom gifts that she has picked out for herself.  What would I like to see QVC do?  I would love to see coupons offered like on HSN.  

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@HonestLife wrote:

I have been a customer since its inception. Only to learn that now I have to carry their credit card in order to receive easy pay is beyond my belief. I don't want a another credit card on my credit report. This was one of the reasons I loved QVC. It saddens me, but it is reality in today's world where your credit report can mean the difference between getting a loan, renting, buying a home, etc. I guess they, too, are eliminating the middle-class. Smiley Sad

@HonestLife  I don't know where you got this, but it's flat out wrong.  I do not have a QVC card, but have taken advantage of the Easy Pay option here and there using a different credit card. 

I think she doesn't like the idea that Q card holders get easy pay all the time.  That's why I don't have a Q card. They pull you in with easy pay and then charge you with outrageous interest fees when you don't pay off your card every month.  Feel blessed that you don't have one, 

Honored Contributor

Re: So long QVC...

[ Edited ]

I believe what Ms Momx4 is talking about is that IF she wants easy pays on items that don't offer she MUST have a Qcard.  That's all she's saying here.  No need to be cross with with her and what she said.  Some of you are misinterrpreting her comment I believe.

The Q does not offer easy pays on every item.  We all know that but we should not be 'forced' into opening a Qcard accnt just to take advantage.

@HonestLife - pls don't fret over this.  No worries if you don't want a Qcard just to have TONS and TONS of easy pays on another credit card.  I'm with you on this.  Personally, I really don't like easy pays because all that means is you're bound and tied to yet another type of credit card that you never see the end of making TONS of payments on.   It's bad to continue to always have debt on cards that you never get rid of.  Doesn't necessarily make you look good in t he eyes of lenders nor your credit score.

So be glad you're not carrying all this debt on somebody else's card.  You don't need one.  And if you think you want to buy an item here that on any given occasion isn't offering easy pay, chances are you really don't need the item.  You can probably find it elsewhere on another site for less money with NO s/h and perhaps NO tax as well.  Now that's what I call a BETTER BUY by a SMARTER SHOPPER!

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE  Actually when DH and I retired we cancelled all but one credit card. We hadn't used them for a long time and did not see any purpose in continueing to have them.  So we now have only the one , use it for everything - groceries , gas, eating out - everything because it is a hotel points reward card and we use that reward a lot. pay the total every month and have EXCELLANT credit score. You do not need to carry a fistful of cards to have a good credit score. 

As for the OP - if she opens a q card and pays it every month it will have a good effect on her credit score.

Honored Contributor

I have found - from the many 'net chat boards I've been on - that those who really intend to leave just leave, without the dramatic announcements.   

Respected Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

SMH.  Where do people come up with these misconceptions (OP)???  And always a threat to leave.  Bye.

What does SMH mean???? TIA

Honored Contributor

@FleaMktQn wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

What does SMH mean???? TIA

@FleaMktQn  Shaking My Head