Respected Contributor

So, do I want this TSV? Is it worth it? Opinions please.

I'm a long-time Isomers user, but I'm tempted by Algenist.

Trusted Contributor

Re: So, do I want this TSV? Is it worth it? Opinions please.

I am interested also to hear testimonies.
Honored Contributor

At the beginning of the yr. my sister gave me a jar of Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm...with the promise I would use consistently for 2-3 months AND a promise not to look up the $$ on any website. Done & done. I knew it was $$ from seeing presentations on the Q...so I unconsciously began looking for miracle results. -------- Flat line results. Then I looked at the price....I was stunned it cost $65 on the Q.

As much as I like to pamper myself w/ a fancy product, this just didn't deliver....AND if an eye cream doesn't deliver, that's indicative of the whole line. Maybe I'm not "in" on a secret, but there are so many alternatives that yield better results AND less $$. If you purchase, please let us know what you think, k?

Contributor

I have not tried these two products, but I use and love the genius cream, the eye balm and the neck cream. Seriously I have tried just about every line the Q carries and many others that they don't and I LOVE the Genius cream. Some I had no luck with like Somerville and others like Perricone irritated my skin. I am currently using it with Tatcha cleansing system and just started using her serum.
Esteemed Contributor

I have been using these two products for several months and I feel that they definitely have improved the smoothness and texture of my skin. BTW I am 66.
Trusted Contributor

I liked the serum and am not sure if this is the moisturizer I tried or their other one but for me personally, with super dry skin, the cream wasn't hydrating enough. I had purchased separately so sent back the cream and kept the serum. There are some real positive reviews on this and then the expected, not so good. I'd rate it above typical serums I have used and did think it helped with lines, texture and even some age spots. I also keep my expectations realistic.

For the price and what you get (super sized serum and cream) it is really a fantastic deal. Personally, I do think it is worth trying - just be sure to give it as close to the 30 days as you can (they do account for mailing time so 30 days starts from the date you receive it) because it takes the skin at least that long to really respond to any product.

Super Contributor

The serum didn't do anything for me, wackers. Haven't tried the moisturizer. I did like the eye cream -- didn't have enough to see if it delivered results (small sample) but I liked the feel and texture.

I think it's gotta be another "results may vary -- see for yourself". Of course, some people love it, others (like me) didn't see any change at all. I used it up until my 30 day return deadline.

Esteemed Contributor

Used a whole jar of the firming cream over three months. No results, will not repurchase.

Super Contributor

I think with any skincare or makeup product you have to try it for yourself. I have found that some things that others may love don't work for me and vice versa. I haven't tried this line yet or I would give you my thoughts on it. At least you do have the 30 day return policy if you don't like it.

Trusted Contributor

I have not tried the serum but I had been using the moisturizer for over a year. It did work for me. It lessened look of pores and left my skin with a glow but not oily. I'm 50 but my 25 yr old daughter used it too and she found it moisturzing on her dry skin. Mineis dry but can become oily with some products. Only reason I stopped using it is because of the cost. Using skinn now