Contributor

Re: So, do I want this TSV? Is it worth it? Opinions please.

I did not see any results with Algenist...it's a nice line but not worth spending the extra $$ IMO
Honored Contributor

Did you read all the reviews on these products?

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/27/2014 sidsmom said:

At the beginning of the yr. my sister gave me a jar of Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm...with the promise I would use consistently for 2-3 months AND a promise not to look up the $$ on any website. Done & done. I knew it was $$ from seeing presentations on the Q...so I unconsciously began looking for miracle results. -------- Flat line results. Then I looked at the price....I was stunned it cost $65 on the Q.

As much as I like to pamper myself w/ a fancy product, this just didn't deliver....AND if an eye cream doesn't deliver, that's indicative of the whole line. Maybe I'm not "in" on a secret, but there are so many alternatives that yield better results AND less $$. If you purchase, please let us know what you think, k?

All one has to do is read the ingredient deck. Take away all the fruit acids, and you won't get the same punch. You can get fruit acids in lots of other things.

The algae...there are a lot of products on the market that use this, too. I can't believe that one strain of red algae is so very uniquely different than the algae that Tatcha uses, or the algae that Elizabeth Grant uses. Granted, La Mer uses algae, too, but it's the refined mineral oil that is the catalyst in that particular product.

Algae is known, however, for its firming effect on the skin.

Super Contributor

The line doesn't have great reviews on either Makeup Alley or Beautypedia. That's where I always check before purchasing something.

Super Contributor

I read the NY Times article the hosts keep talking about and it is not a write up about how well this product works as a cosmetic. It talks about how the company is funding eco-fuel research with their expensive cosmetics line. I feel like some of the hosts have implied that the articles have been written because the products are just that fantastic.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/23/business/for-solazyme-a-side-trip-on-the-way-to-clean-fuel.html?pa...

Super Contributor

I got it because I have had success with serum. My skin looks better, younger and it doesn't break me out.
Esteemed Contributor

On 5/27/2014 Harpa said:

All one has to do is read the ingredient deck. Take away all the fruit acids, and you won't get the same punch. You can get fruit acids in lots of other things.

The algae...there are a lot of products on the market that use this, too. I can't believe that one strain of red algae is so very uniquely different than the algae that Tatcha uses, or the algae that Elizabeth Grant uses. Granted, La Mer uses algae, too, but it's the refined mineral oil that is the catalyst in that particular product.

Algae is known, however, for its firming effect on the skin.

Correction: it's the refining process of the alage/sea kelp, not the refining of the mineral oils.

Super Contributor

I'll say first that I've never used the product--I know there are some who only want to hear from those who have tried it...but if you look up 'algae', there's nothing special about it. It's good for your skin, but not a miracle. Algae is basically all the same as far as effect though there are hundreds of strains of it.

I though those B @ A's were pretty bogus, it was evident that the nose to mouth line was taken at a slightly different angle (towards the line in the after, above the line in the before) and it takes a very tiny amount of angle change to look very different. Bottom line, research the ingredients before you invest a lot of money! Everything sounds tempting if you just listen to the hype that rep presents.