Valued Contributor

Re: So, I'm back into wearing perfume....

Please be aware of others when you wear those heavy perfumes like Obsession. Or anything musk. Many of us suffer from allergies and these can trigger migraines in a flash. Keep it light! If you must try to smell sexy, save it for evenings at home with your significant other.

Super Contributor

Hey ya'll. Thanks for all the replies. I'm aware of all the allergies that people have. I don't like smelling loud scents on people anyway.

MrsSweetieBear - I know. Obsession is in the same family as Chanel no 5. I don't know what it is though, I like something about Obsession, but I don't like Chanel. Oh well, the main thing is I want my husband to like it.

And someone mentioned Fragrantica dot com. Yes, I discovered that sight! I've been having so much fun browsing on it.

Again, I thank you all for your replies. I love to hear about the perfumes that men like.

Super Contributor

On 2/18/2014 Zita said:

Please be aware of others when you wear those heavy perfumes like Obsession. Or anything musk. Many of us suffer from allergies and these can trigger migraines in a flash. Keep it light! If you must try to smell sexy, save it for evenings at home with your significant other.

Yeah. He's the one I'm trying to impress. I just wish I could find something that he doesn't call skunk juice (Uh oh..... maybe I am wearing it too heavy).

Valued Contributor

No matter how far I stray ( LOVE Alien, Red Door,Hypnotic poison, Pink Sugar)... I ALWAYS go back to FRACAS...

Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Respected Contributor

Avoid masky scents in the office. it's better to have an office scent that is lighter and more unisex in nature, and keep something spicier for dinner or the theatre.
Frequent Contributor

Ahh.. Quel ques Fleurs by Houbigant, my all time favorite and hubby's too! It's a very distinct fragrance, a nice woodsy floral; not a lot of women I know wear this one but if someone is wearing it, you know it immediately! Also would recommend Bottega Venetta eau legere.
Honored Contributor

EMT....I am another Fracas devotee...there was a time when I just could not find it...it will always be at the top of the list and I was online comparing prices just recently. I also enjoy Ysatis and Amerage. I have been wearing Joy for the last few months, a perfume that was my mother's signature fragrance...joy is such a classic.

Super Contributor

Scent is such a personal preference. I have a hard time with Patuchouli and Woody scents, they give me a migraine.

But I do love perfume, so I just stay away from perfumes like Alien.

I really like a perfume made in Italy its called Aqua di Parma I have Magnolia Nobile. You can buy it at Neiman Marcus or Nordstroms. I also like some of the Britney Spears perfumes for something light and flirty. Those are good for spring and summer months.

I like to use the body lotions from Bath and Body works too, sometimes that's all I use, but I always have some kind of fragrance on me either by body lotion or perfume depending on my mood and clothing.

I wore Obsession in High School. In college I wore Bob Mackie, Fleur di Rocai, and Volupte. I still love Volupte, but it's hard to find, probably out of production.

Have fun, change the perfume with your mood, season and outfits.

Super Contributor

On 2/18/2014 tufgirl said: Ahh.. Quel ques Fleurs by Houbigant, my all time favorite and hubby's too! It's a very distinct fragrance, a nice woodsy floral; not a lot of women I know wear this one but if someone is wearing it, you know it immediately! Also would recommend Bottega Venetta eau legere.

I love this one too, although I have not worn it in quite some time. To me it's an elegant fragrance.

Super Contributor

On 2/18/2014 PinkSugar said:

I don't like musk or heavy scents. I always get compliments when I wear Kai or Perry Ellis. I will usually wear a body mist rather than a perfume.

Perry Ellis Reserve for Women is yummy. It's my favorite fragrance.