Honored Contributor

More and more I have come to realize I like a nude lip.  But when I say a nude lip, I'm not talking about that beige lipstick that blends into your face and make you look embalmed. 

I love the color of the Doris Dalton nudes that are lipstick on one end and the gloss on the other. 

I have a lot of nude pinks or nude peach lipsticks and if need be, I put a colored gloss over the top or even using certain lipliners can change the color. 

I have a make-up bag overflowing with lipsticks.  I find I never reach for the intenser colors anymore.  Not sure if it's a phase I'm going through or if it's my age and now I'm not a fan of more intense colors.       

Honored Contributor

It's not for me.  Last year, or was it year before last,  there was a trend for lighter lipsticks and they look horrible on me.  All the "perfect nudes" just seem too light on me  It would be nice to find a natural looking no-lipstick but better lipstick.  

Honored Contributor

Other than QVC - I don't think I watch any live TV. 

I did notice Lori (LOGO) the other day with the bright red lips and pale makeup.  Her look - her face.

A couple of years ago I switched from colored lipstick to a tinted lip gloss.

My lips are just a slightly enhanced natural color.  

Honored Contributor

I have gray eye color so depending on what color lipstick I wear It can bring out blue, green or stay gray.  Color looks so much better than a beige color lipstick.  There are even pretty nudes but they have some color in them.  I remember when Shawn would only wear dull beige lipstick.  When she added color red, pink, etc. she looked so much better  -- prettier.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

The nicest nudes I found are The Kate Moss by Rimmel ones. A bit more color than nude.

Pin on Lipstick

Super Contributor

I found a geat color from Bobbi Brown... My friend is the manager and intoduced me to a "nude brown" called Bobbi... It's a great color and does not wash me out... I see color on my lips but not too dead looking... I was looking to buy another and the name might just be "Brown" now- can't seem to find  what I have... Anyway it's a great color when I wear brown, rust, or warm colors... Looks amazing....

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

More and more I have come to realize I like a nude lip.  But when I say a nude lip, I'm not talking about that beige lipstick that blends into your face and make you look embalmed. 

I love the color of the Doris Dalton nudes that are lipstick on one end and the gloss on the other. 

I have a lot of nude pinks or nude peach lipsticks and if need be, I put a colored gloss over the top or even using certain lipliners can change the color. 

I have a make-up bag overflowing with lipsticks.  I find I never reach for the intenser colors anymore.  Not sure if it's a phase I'm going through or if it's my age and now I'm not a fan of more intense colors.       

@Lipstickdiva I love Doris Dalton's lipsticks, her nudes  have a bit  of pink in them so they don't wash you out! I love them and have  a few of them...

Honored Contributor

I like color...especially red, true red.

I don't like pink...don't like maybe Barbie pink.

I do like a kind of mauve...I have so many tubes of lipstick it's crazy.  I often give some to my grandchildren, especially the pink.  They are 16 and 18.  They love makeup.  I love giving it to them.

Valued Contributor

It just makes women look so washed out.  I'vd noticed many times when wearing a nude lip, they over-emphasize the eyes.  I think that makes them look even worse.  I usually wear a glossy rose.  Don't like my lips to fade into my face.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I like color...especially red, true red.

I don't like pink...don't like maybe Barbie pink.

I do like a kind of mauve...I have so many tubes of lipstick it's crazy.  I often give some to my grandchildren, especially the pink.  They are 16 and 18.  They love makeup.  I love giving it to them.

@Annabellethecat66  you must be the coolest Grandma to those girls!  I would've loved having a Grandma like you at their age.  I'm very close to my Granddaughters,too.  They're 13 and 24.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth